Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 03:43:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ScanXL problems reading PIDs  (Read 10584 times)
jaxx

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:06:22 pm »

I recently purchased an ELM 5 USB scanner from scantool. I opted to get ScanXL because of the live dash features. Unfortunately, the only ability I've seen from ScanXL is reading and clearing DTCs.

So here's the problem:
Scantool's program will read values from my car, from timing advance, rpm, vechicle speed, fuel system status, etc. ScanXL will NOT. Even when selecting all PIDs that are "supported" none of them change from the values shown. I've tried reconnecting various ways, setting up connectivity variables instead of the auto detect of OBDII protocols etc... Basically, I've tried everything and I can't get it to work.

I'm having this issue with a 1999 Volvo S70 Turbo.

edit: I should mention that the only thing I've seen work is reading DTCs. Not even "Monitor Status" works (which would have been helpful when I was searching for my misfire)

Thanks!

-Jackson
Hansie

2004 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi, 2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 02:51:07 pm »

I suppose you used the "monitor" or "record" button?
What if you try just a few PIDs?
jaxx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 04:38:36 pm »

I suppose you used the "monitor" or "record" button?
What if you try just a few PIDs?

doesn't seem to make a difference. I used the monitor button(F2). I didn't have more than 6 PIDs that were so called "compatible."
rumgmc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 05:16:14 pm »

sorry to butt in, iam also having same problem..just purchased bluetooth version and get only 3 pids [scanxl perameters] on a 2000 gmc and a 2000 kia sephia, retreived an additional 4 pids on a 98 accord today by using aggressive setting....my scantool install software retreives all generic info quickly..using new toshiba lap w/vista home prem. Tried to use serial to usb but driver not for vista..I would appreciate assistance...mechanic trying to go tech...no good so far       ps..also uninstalled and retried this a.m.
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 02:35:53 am »

We have found a bug in the software that is causing this problem with the new ELM327 v1.3 chips. We have released a new build of the software that fixes it. Everyone please download the latest version and let me know if you still see any problems.
rumgmc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 01:22:50 pm »

Thanx brian, downloaded new version but my liscense wont work...new version did not tie in w/840, seperate program..is this normal?

MY BAD ,DOWNLOADED WRONG ONE !  evrythings working now...THANKYOU
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 01:42:14 pm by rumgmc » Logged
jaxx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 06:54:06 pm »

I'm still having this issue, even after a new version is downloaded.
red sand

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 08:03:51 pm »

G'day

Recently bought the USB Elmscan 5 and seem to be having the same trouble as Jaxx. I can connect to my vehicle and it works in the scantool software, but nothing comes up in the scanXL software. I cant see the VIN in the vehicle manager even though it says that it is connected and the VIN is found and I cant get any data from the car. I have been in monitor mode (F2), havnt tried record mode though.

The only supported PID's are the 3 scripts from scantool.

Ive tried the newer version of the software suggested above with no luck.

My vehicle is a 2007 Nissan model "Patrol" GU/GR series 6 4x4 with a Z30 3.0 litre 4 cylinder common rail diesel motor. Engine model number is ZD30DDTi. I am in Australia too by the way. As far as I know, the vehicle is CAN compliant and OBD II Compliant.

If you find something that works Jaxx, let me know. I shall do the same.

Is there any way to get more than the supported PID's to show up in the live Data View screen? or to create new PID (or edit others) to make them seem compliant just so that I can see if any raw data is coming through in the ScanXL software?

Thanks,

Jim
red sand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 06:01:52 am »

Hello again,

Thought we might let you know that we fixed our problem. I had tried the newer software as mentioned above with no luck but mucking around I tried a new configuration file. not a new vehicle, just click the "new configuration" icon in the left of the toolbar. tried connecting again then scanned for PID's aggressively. now have 28 supported PIDs and getting data from the car. Now just have to play around and learn how to use the software now that it is working.

Hope your problems are solved as easily.

Jim.
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 05:59:39 pm »

I hope that the solution posted above has worked for others as well, if not, please let us know and we will look into it again.
jaxx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 07:39:04 pm »

just tried this.

works great. I think that the previous install would read the old config file and just let me have those PIDs. Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help Jim!

-Jackson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: