Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 12, 2017, 04:48:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scanxl ELM connection  (Read 4149 times)
av8shunmeckaneck

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2008, 05:17:14 pm »

I have an ELM 327 v1.2a with ScanXL Elm that I am attempting to use on my 1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke. I basically have http://www.mechanicdoctor.com/computer.htmthis ELM but I bought it somewhere else.

ScanXL wont stay connected. I think that its caused by bad connection so I will fix that myself. But when I try to reconnect the only way that seems to work is to disconnect the ELM, shut down Scanxl with the elm disconnected and restart Scanxl then reconnect the elm. After that sometimes I can reconnect to the truck.

When I try to reconnect without rebooting Scanxl the software will skip over the port that is used by the Elm. My guess is that Scanxl thinks the port is in use so it skips over it when trying to reconnect.

Is there a trick to reconnecting if the connection is lost?

Also I posted on a different thread but is it possible to perform diagnostic tests with Scanxl? It seems like I can use the emulator, but if so how do I know which emulations perform which tests? I need to perform a cylinder contribution test and injector buzz test.

Thanks, Steve
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:22:37 pm by av8shunmeckaneck » Logged
av8shunmeckaneck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 05:49:41 pm »

Its working better now. I changed the com port number and it doesnt keep losing connection.

I still have the question about the powerstroke injector tests.

Thanks, Steve
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 06:24:09 pm »

Currently we do not support these test, we will be adding support for them in future.
Thank you for this suggestion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: