Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 12, 2017, 10:52:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some answers before I buy a licence  (Read 4019 times)
Stefan

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 01:56:49 pm »

Hello, my first post here.

I just bought an ELM 327 v1.2a from the net here in Sweden to use with my SAAB 9-5 Aero from 2001 (Europe). I see that you have two versions of your tools.
One is called PCMSCAN and one is called ScanXL-ELM.

To me, the ScanXL-ELM seems to be it due I have a ELM 327, or should I buy PCMSCAN?

Also, I see that ScanXL-ELM can be added with extras, right now you sell a package to Ford only, will you support SAAB 9-5 later on as an extra addon? If yes, when can I/we expect that package? This year or even later?

Can I still use ScanXL-ELM with my SAAB and get all the features as PCMSCAN has, and later, when you release the extra addon, buy that one?

Big thanks for reply!
Regards
Stefan
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 03:42:16 pm »

Thank you for your interest in our products,

ScanXL supports all the features of PCMSCAN with the addition of the add on packages.

At this time we have full enhanced diagnostic support for Ford as you mentioned, but we will soon be releasing enhanced diagnostics for GM and Chrysler. (We do not have immediate plans to support enhanced diagnostics for SAAB).

As it stands, ScanXL will work and support all features of that are supported by PCMSCAN and if/when we support enhanced diagnostics for SAAB, the additional functionality would benefit you.

I would recommend ScanXL-ELM for you.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.
Stefan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 04:35:15 am »

Hello

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think ScanXL-ELM is the best choice for me.
One more question:

You say you have GM addin support on the way, isnīt GM part of SAAB or is SAAB different?
Do I get any bennefits from GM addin for my SAAB?

Regards
Stefan
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:49:46 pm »

Yes, SAAB is a part of GM, unfortunately the data we have licensed from GM for the enhanced diagnostics does not include SAAB. (I'm not sure why, but GM did not provide the information for SAAB with their GM specifications) sorry.

Unfortunately, I do not believe you will benefit from the GM enhanced diagnostics with your SAAB.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: