Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 11, 2017, 03:59:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High CPU resource?  (Read 3438 times)
DCDave

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2008, 05:42:14 am »

Hi all,

I'm new to this site but have been knocking around the Car PC for a little while now. I have a Car PC install and want to extend its functionality to include OBD.

I downloaded Dashcommand demo to my laptop, an Acer 1353 AMD Athlon 2400 (64MB shared memory) with 512MB DDR RAM. I tested the Elm 327 unit (ver 1.2 in a silver box, from ebay - China) by using Dashcommand 'evalution copy'. It seemed to work ok but the CPU usage remained at 100%. Is there any explanation/workaround for this as my Car PC mobo is only an EPIA M10000?

Many thanks,
Dave

(This is also posted on mp3car.com but I have registered here for App specific advice)
DCDave

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:40:46 pm »

Since my first post I've read about the remaining CPU resources being used in order to optomise the dashcmmand application. Can I ask whether the CPU throttling idea is included in the current dashcommand build?

BTW - I've ordered a dashcommand licence

Cheers,
Dave
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:05:42 pm »

Dashcommand does try to utilize remaining CPU time like you have found in your research. The software also tries to keep utilization below 100%.  In the unregistered version, the software blends evaluation version text over the display which will increase usage.  With a fully registered copy this extra burden on the CPU will be removed and the software will run faster.

At this time, there is no CPU throttling option in the software.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: