Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:06:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Had luck--now none, multiple errors, can't add or delete vehicles...  (Read 3536 times)
85Ybody

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2008, 11:56:01 pm »

Edit: http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1016.0 has the solution to the below problem. I didn't have a connection problem (I was having a vehicle manager problem) so I posted this up. Later I decided to go through every post, which is where I stumbled across the connection problem.

I am obviously unaware as to how Vista operates...I have the only account on my computer and it is set up as the admin account, but I still had to select "Run as Administrator"

The only problem that exists now, which I resolved, was having to change the com port setting from auto to a manual selection of my com port.

Hello,

I have a two-week old new HP laptop with Vista that I've only installed Quicken, Adobe Creative Suite, whatever scantool.net's initial setup disk has on it, and Scan XL build 855. I hadn't had a Vista problem and had installed all the updates the day I bought the computer, which is before any other program was installed.

I just bought an ElmScan Bluetooth w/ the ScanXL add-on and loaded it up on 10-2-08. I registered the license key and loaded up vehicle information for one vehicle. I was able to scan (after changing the auto-recognition of my com port to the com port the bluetooth config chose for me...for some reason "auto" [under OBD-II->Connect->Adjust Settings->Interface Port-><selection>] wouldn't work).

Like I said, I was able to scan. The vehicle was a 2000 Buick Lesabre.

So far so good.

I disconnect and the next day I decide to scan another vehicle. It is a 2000 Ford Expedition 5.4L. I use the drop-down boxes since they are available (even though I don't have the Ford add-on) and was just wanting to scan the basics without the enhanced data.

When I load the year, make, model, and engine and click "Ok",  get an error message...

"An unhandled exception occurred. Press abort to terminate the program. Retry to exit the program normally and ignore to try to continue. Ignore just closes the error and brings me back to 'vechicle' manager with the first car I loaded up, the Buick, showing. So I re-enter the Ford data. Click "retry" and vehicle manager closes completely. I then open vehicle manager again and try abort. It closes out the program.

So I open the program again. I go to vehicle manager. I try to delete the Buick from the vehicle manager. I get Error, "Failed to delete vehicle! Error: 106"

So now I can't add OR delete a vehicle.

I tried to add a 2000 Chevy Camaro. I got the same error message that I got when I tried to add the 2000 Expedition. I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with trying to scan an add-on capable Ford without add-ons but I suppose I ruled that out.

I could do an uninstall and reinstall but I haven't touched anything besides this program since I loaded it up.

Ideas?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:03:44 am by 85Ybody » Logged
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:26:22 pm »

Unfortunately Vista is a little... different. Even when you have an administrator account, Vista runs programs with limited access. Even though you are the administrator, you have to tell Vista to run programs as administrator. Kind of odd.

Anyway, I'm glad the solution in the link you found worked.
85Ybody

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:50:20 pm »

Lol...before I edited it, I tried to report it to a mod so it could be deleted so it didn't clutter the forum...but it said something like "You can't report your own post to a moderator...that doesn't make sense!".

Can't wait for the GM enhanced aspect!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: