Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:50:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What product do I need for calculated parameters?  (Read 5189 times)
willmeyer

REFACTR

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2009, 08:36:48 pm »

So I want to make a boost gauge...but I only currently have a license for dashcommand.

a) which product do I need to have to be able to make script/calculated parameters?

b) does this product support all the same fullscreen dashboards as dashcommand?  Aka even though it will have other features, can I still launch it directly into fullscreen gauge mode, loading a dashxl file i made in dashcommand?

Thanks...

Will

BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:49:16 pm »

Hi Will,

For the script parameters, you should take a look at our ScanXL software. It provides extensive script support that helps you create, test, and debug your scripts. Unfortunately, it does not provide the ability to automatically switch to the dashboards tab, but it will automatically load the last configuration file, which you can set up with your dashboards.

In the new version of DashCommand we will provide support for script parameters. However, you will still need to use ScanXL to create them, and then they can be imported straight into DashCommand.

-Brian
willmeyer

REFACTR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:32:53 am »

Ok thanks.  Any ideas on general timeframe (I run a software group so understand the date commitment thing)?  Also, not sure what the dxl file format is exactly (some .net serialization thing?), but if there is a way I could just get the js in there without the bigger tool, that would be cool -- kinda silly as all I need to do is some simple math between params.  I had debated for a while doing an obdii daemon thing in java then just having flash pull the data over a socket for the gauges, but am using dashcommand as it just seems a lot easier, though the basic calculation thing would be a huge win... 

Multi-page dashboards would be cool, too, btw, as long as we're talking about next rev dashcommand.

Thanks for a cool product, anxious to see it getting more use/traction/features.

W

BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:03:25 pm »

For the timeframe, I really don't want to give any firm date, since we would likely miss it anyways. But it is coming.

Our .dxl file format is a proprietary binary format we came up with to efficiently store the DashXL object information. The script parameters would not be stored in the DashXL file anyways, as they will not be specific to any one single dashboard. We will be making separate provisions in DashCommand to import the script parameters.

Multiple dashboard support is on it's way - already implemented for the new version of DashCommand. Wink
willmeyer

REFACTR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:51:51 pm »

Thanks Brian.  Good luck getting the release closed.

drewbp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 03:45:22 pm »

Any new news on a release date for Dash Command.  Been hearing about the new version since at least November.

Thanks.
Lukeyson
Entomoligcal Toxopholist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 04:58:36 am »

Yes, there's quite a few of us lining up for it. I remember the MP3Car interview in late 2008 that mentioned Christmas. Little did we know which year!

Oh well, quality takes time.....

Lukeyson

If the Human Brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: