Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
October 19, 2017, 10:17:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel level / Range not working (among other stuff) Mazda6 2.2d iPhone 7  (Read 939 times)
Rickkys37

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2017, 06:39:04 am »

Hi there,

Loving the app, but having a few issues with N/A or Zero readings on a few things in the Dashboard.

In the Fuel section.
- Fuel level and range are both Zero
- Average MPG is WAY overstated (its about 10% to generous over the cars trip computer, which in itself is actually about 10% over generous to real life)

Would love to get these 2 settings working correctly and accurately if i could. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Also in engine setting, the Timing and Fuel Trim plus O2 sensor all return N/A or 0 - is there any way to get a reading from those ?
if not I will have a dabble in the DashXl Skin editor and either change them for working gauges - or just remove them altogether !!

Anyway thanks in advance for the help.

Note: iPhone 7, Vgate icar3 Wifi adapter, Car is Mazda6 with MZR-CD 2.2 Turbo Diesel engine.

Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:35:14 am »

With a diesel engine, you will not get timing or O2 data to work because they are mostly for gasoline engines. If you tap the fuel economy tab a second time, you can use the fillup screen to make adjustments to the fuel economy numbers.
Rickkys37

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:51:54 pm »

Ok I will try that.

Is there anyway to get the range and fuel level working also?

I've spent most of the day trying to convert the fuel trim/timing gauge (which won't work with my car) into a fuel rail pressure gauge, but I can't work out how to get the needle to move in sync with the actual values - it just goes straight to the top and stays there.
My fuel rail pressure is in the range of 4000 psi at idle to 29000 psi foot to the floor on this car and the default fuel pressure gauge (behind the MAF) is not setup to show these high values on the graph.

Boy it's tough to work out how to change and edit these gauges  Huh It's like you need a computer science degree to do it!!
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 02:31:20 pm »

It sounds like you need to adjust the range on your needle. You have to set the range on the needle object and the tick mark object separately.

Editing the DashXL stuff is pretty complicated, have you considered using the Gauges screen instead? Its much easier to specify the size, range, and PID, and colors to use for each gauge in that screen.

Fuel level will only work if its supported by your vehicle. If your vehicle doesn't support fuel level, there is no way to get estimated range either.
Rickkys37

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:25:30 pm »

Cheers for the reply.
I'm using the phone connected to Pioneer Appradio, the gauges screen doesn't work properly in appradio mode so I'm can't use that.

Regards the ranges for the fuel pressure, on the default gauge I have got that showing correct now increasing the range for the psi 0 to 300000 and it's all good now.

The old FuelTrim/Timing gauge that I wanted to turn into a fuel pressure gauge, I have edited all the names and changed to OBD2 values and the text now works showing psi, I also edited the ranges for the gauges (both of them as it's the old fuel trim gauges) again putting the ranges 0-30000 however it just shoots to the top as soon as it starts.
So close but just can't figure out how to get this gauge to reflect the psi value.
It's like it's operating in single digits and I need to change each digit instead to hundreds or thousands.

I may just delete that thing but it leaves a great big hole on that page Sad
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:24:21 pm »

Post your dashboard as an attachment and I'll take a quick look.
Rickkys37

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »

Wow thanks for the help with this.

Dont spend too long on it though, if I cant get this particular guage working i'm thinking about deleting it then copying one of the ower gauges over (HP or Torque)  - which work more like to sort of gauge that I want (a large vertical one, similar to how the small horizontal fuel pressure one works now) and then editing it to reflect fuel pressure instead.

Thanks for looking anyway, its attached. Smiley

* 3.0.4 test fuel pressure changes.dxls (1062.24 KB - downloaded 27 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: