Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 19, 2017, 03:19:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android head unit with direct CANbus connection  (Read 580 times)
phazei

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:13 am »

I have an Android head unit that has CANbus plugged into the back of it.  Currently I've been trying out your app with my OBD2 Elm bluetooth adapter.  It works fine, but I know the OBD2 doesn't provide fuel level info.  OTOH, the CANbus does as there's an android app that gives some car info, like open doors, how much fuel is remaining in my gas tank.  I've seen most of these aftermarket android head units have CANbus.
Is it possible for android the app to read the fuel level from the CANbus in addition to the bluetooth OBD2 data?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:26:39 pm »

What vehicle do you have this installed in?

Things like fuel level or door status are not available using standardized OBD-II data (fuel level is on newer vehicles). This requires us to purchase manufacturer specific information and add that to the app, as its specific to each make and model of vehicle in most cases. We have some advanced packages for many Ford, GM, and Mazda vehicles, as well as some Subaru or Toyota vehicles. If we don't have an enhanced add-on for your vehicle, then you won't be able to read fuel level with DashCommand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: