Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
September 21, 2017, 02:25:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Log the data and save it  (Read 418 times)
subhashdasyam

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2017, 12:30:51 am »

Hi DashCommand Team,

Thanks for the lovely app. I have doubt regarding auto data logging.

I want my Android Phone to Automatically Start the Data Logging when connected, i don't want to start it every time i start my Car.
Also when i Start Logging data, the data is not saved in the log file management, i am not sure what's happening can you please let me know how do i fix that.

Regards,
jbailer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 11:23:28 am »

Dash Command is a great tool and probably one of the best OBD tool interfaces that I've used and I've experimented with many over the years. Having said that, the logging is a bit awkward. I'm not sure that having it start logging automatically would be a good thing since log files can get big quickly and someone might not think about that and use lots of space on their phone. Probably a better way would be a convenient start/stop button in a more user friendly place.

Regarding your issue with the log file, when you're in "Data Grid", hit the "Logging Options" at the bottom and select "Start Data Logging". When you're done, hit the "Logging Options" again and select "Stop Data Logging". I think if you skip telling it to stop logging the data might be lost. Maybe give that a try, it works for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: