Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
September 21, 2017, 02:34:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: persistant PID's  (Read 656 times)
lawrosa

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:42:44 pm »

Im not sure how these work, but it would seem there were 4 already loaded in that tab when I downloaded the program.

sae rpm
sae vss
calc trip
calc fuel consumption.

I was/am having lagging issues but do not want to remove these if they are needed.

Im going on a 3 week trip towing a camper and will be tracking fuel, trans and coolant temps.

Can someone better explain how these persistant PID's work?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:24:53 pm »

Usually, DashCommand will datalog whatever PIDs are on the screen you are currently viewing. In order to data log fuel economy data, you'd need to be on the fuel economy page.

The persistent PIDs are PIDs that are always logged, no matter what page you are on. CALC.TRIP and CALC.FUEL are in there by default so that the fuel economy history and trip pages will work no matter what screen you are viewing. If you don't use these pages, or only use them for actual live data (don't care about mpg history), then you can safely turn persistent PIDs off and enjoy a speed bump.

These are on by default, if you are suddenly seeing huge lag problems, there is likely another issue. The first thing I'd try is creating a new vehicle in the Vehicle Manager, and see what happens from there. Its possible your OBDII hardware and/or phone are causing the problem as well.
lawrosa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »

I broke my i phone 5 s and have a SE model now with the A9 processor.

So calc fuel and trip are there by default. What about the other two sae rpm and vss? Are they defaults?

I eill try creating a new vehicle. I assume delete my current one and then create new?

Yes I want MPG history as I am on other screens often when towing. Like trans temps custom gauge when running in the mountains.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:20:33 pm »

Yes, try creating a new vehicle and see if that helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: