Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:42:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I use dash command?  (Read 1008 times)
SteveL

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2017, 12:53:41 am »

I have been having issues with my 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo.  The CEL is on and it has a bad miss.  I have a code reader that I check the codes with every time the light comes on, then I clear the codes.  It gives me a list of codes, never the same ones twice, so I purchased an ELM 327 device.  I have a similar device for my ford diesel truck running a free app that works great for Fords.  Within 5 minutes I was connected and had my problem found.  So I thought I could get the same thing for the Chevy. Since I use an iPhone and the torque app only runs on androids I decided to go with dash command for $9.99.  So, I want to be able to monitor cylinder misfires as I am running the car in real time, not see a code telling me I have a random misfire.  After an hour messing with this $9.99 app I still don't know anything more than I did.  It looks like a real good set of gauges if I want to know my speed and rpm sorry if I want to know what grade I am driving on.  It also looks like if I want to see my quarter mile speed it will give me something close but I. An just drive down the road to the drag strip and run an afternoon in brackets if I want that.  The app claimed it will do diagnostics, but I don't see how.  Can anyone help me with this? It does look like I need to spend even more money to get some kind of Chevy add on, but when I look at the add on it says my vehicle PIDs are not supported or listed.  It is a 2000! I need help figuring this thing out, or is it not a diagnostic tool as advertised? How much more money are they going to be getting from me to make it do what it claims it will do?
If I wanted to look cool running my gauges in my phone door iPad this would be great, but if I want gauges I would just go purchase a set of gauges that would read quicker and not require an iPad or iPhone.   
I am going to go out and reconnect to see if it will work, but so far......... Seriously disappointed and feeling ripped off!
SteveL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:20:05 am »

Well, I figured out how to add misfire PID monitoring, but it just not do anything.  I cleared the trouble codes and ran the engine while recording data with this app.  It misfired so bad it popped a trouble code up, but the misfire monitor does not say anything. Shouldn't it give me number of misfired recorded and what cylinder is misfiring? Most of the PIDs on the recording have no information attached. Do I need to do something to see the status of each?
trev27

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 07:13:46 am »

when i find out why it won't connect to my tablet i will let you know :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: