Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
September 23, 2017, 10:15:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian 2013 FJ Cruiser support  (Read 449 times)
BirdManFJ

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:25:02 am »

Hi, I have a Japanese built 2013 (dual tank) model here in OZ. I bought DashCommand for ios connected to an ELM327 device. All good.
I can see that if I buy the Toyota add-on (for AUD$14.95 - Australia taxed) I can get Auto Transmission temps. Does one of the 2 supported temps give torque converter temp and the other pan temp?
Does the 2013 or 2014 add-on support the dual fuel tanks as far as distance to empty etc?
Which add-on should I buy, the 2013 one or 2014 (which appears to be the latest version for the FJ). FYI the FJ was still available up to 2016 in Australia.

Thanks in advance
BirdManFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:47:18 am »

No response after more than a month.
That's disappointing  Angry
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:42:25 pm »

I'm not personally familiar with the dual tank FJ, do you have separate fuel gauges in the cluster? If you do, I think our distance to empty and other fuel calculations would likely run off of only 1 tank. If they are a combined gauge, I'd assume that it would work fine. These calculations generally use SAE.FLI, and don't always gain extra data with an enhanced package. You could watch SAE.FLI in the Data Grid or Gauges screens and see how it responds to determine if it will work correctly. If you've only got one fuel filler opening, and both tanks are connected, it should just work.

I don't know where the actual trans temp sensors are located, Google might be of help here, but if you have a 2013 model I would get the 2013 enhanced package.
BirdManFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 11:16:44 pm »

Thanks for the response.
There is one filler and one gauge, so hoping it works fine.
FJAus2016

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:02:15 am »

Hi BirdManFJ,

I own a 2016 FJ - Australia.
Did you end up getting the Fuel Tank and Auto Trans PIDs to work on DashCommand?

Appreciate if you can share how.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: