Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 05:38:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GM Extended  (Read 61345 times)
redtroll

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:26:53 am »

In the GM Extended... Is there more PID's to come, or is it complete now?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 06:57:34 pm »

Powertrain is complete. There are more PIDs coming in other modules, like ABS and Airbag.
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 04:24:22 pm »

Where can I find out what some of these GM pids are referring to?  For example, GMengin.12 sol, 1-2 solenoid.  What does that refer to?  Is there a list somewhere?  Thanks
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:07:49 pm »

Things like 1-2 solenoid, 3-4 solenoid, etc. usually refer to the shift solenoids in the automatic transmission of a GM vehicle. So these should be transmission PIDs.

There are two places you can look to get information about the PIDs - the first one is on our website where we provide a summary listing of all the PIDs we support, and the second (and best way) is by downloading our ScanXL software and selecting your specific vehicle and viewing the PID list in the PID Config tab. The PID Config tab will show you the PID names, category, units, default priority, etc.
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 02:38:23 pm »

This particular pid definition said:  GM.ENGINE.12SOL  and the name said: 1-2 Solenoid.  There is also a pid which says:  GM.TRANS.12SOL and the name says:  1-2 Solenoid.  Is this a bug?  The fact that it was listed as "engine" made me wonder if there is a solenoid in the engine section.  Any help?
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:56 pm »

It is probably a bug. Can you tell me exactly which year/make/model/type vehicle has this PID?
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 10:29:32 am »

It is a 2002 Buick Century, Limited (vs Custom) 3.1 v6.  Some parts places want to know if there is a J in the vin number and this car contains a J.  I hope this helps.
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 10:21:13 am »

When you released the GM extended pid program, you stated that the ABS would be released in about 2 weeks.  Any idea when this addition will be released? 
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 10:34:48 am »

I noticed in your support for Buick, it shows "Injector 1 command" all the way up to "Injector 8 command".  I have a six cylinder Buick so I understand that mine would only go from 1 thru 6 but I have only 2 commands:  "Injector 1 command" and Injector 2 command".  What happened to the other four cylinders?  These are very important commands (ms).  Thanks
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 05:46:24 pm »

The GM ABS is in internal testing, and will be released with the next update of the software.

Could it be that your vehicle reports it as Injector Bank 1/2 Command, instead of reporting individual cylinders? If you can give me the year and engine type of your car I might be able to look up a little more information.
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 11:16:38 pm »

Mine is a 2002 Buick Century, 3.1 Liter, Vin J, Limited edition.  I hope this helps.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 04:18:27 pm »

Your vehicle only supports those 2 injector command PIDs. I would guess that it is Bank 1 and Bank 2, so each would be for 3 cylinders. There also should be some other injector PIDs, if you want to look at them.
Cylinder#[CylNum] Injector Count Status
Cylinder [CylNum] Injector Circuit History
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 04:37:44 pm »

I have a Buick Century, 2002 with a 3.1L engine.  When I look at the following  PID-GM.TRANS.TCC_DC  Torque Convertor Clutch Duty Cycle-I noticed mine varies between 0% and about 64%.  On a 1997 Skylark, 3.1L, that one varies between 0% and 99%.  Does anyone out there have a 1997 through 2005 Buick Century?  If so, can those who have GM Extended PIDs check their cars to see what is normal?  Thanks.
redtroll

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:05:35 am »

When I enter my license key for GM exteneded, it gives me license xxxxxxxxxx thru 2009.
Does it mean that it will stop working next year? If that is the case, what will it cost to extend the license?
Phil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 12:32:43 pm »

Weston, what happened?  When you guys released your previous version in June, you said the ABS package would be available in a couple weeks at no extra cost.  I've waited 3 months and I don't see the ABS system in the new update.  I reloaded my car and it still didn't show up.  I did notice that the old version had an ABS listing in the menu but the new version doesn't.  Is there something more I have to do to see the ABS system?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: