Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:41:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: an adapter to use with iphone 24/7  (Read 624 times)
allowe

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »

currently im shopping for an adapter that i can leave plugged into my car 24/7 that has a shut off feature (like obdlink mx). problem is. i have an iphone. id like to be able to use my wifi while im driving/ my cellular data and be able to use the adapter at the same time.

is there an adapter that could do that? or a way to connect to both the obd wifi adapter and be able to use my own cellular data.

also, are there any bluetooth adapters that work with the iphone?

Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 02:11:17 pm »

The GoPoint BT1 is the only Bluetooth interface that works with iPhone and goes to sleep automatically when the vehicle is off.
allowe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »

does it work fast with iphones? im actually interested in that thank u! is it as good as obdlink?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:15:32 pm »

Its very fast, comparable to OBDLink. The Bluetooth is much more convenient than the WiFi, but it will not work as well with manufacturer-specific PIDs as the OBDLink will. If you haven't or don't plan on purchasing any enhanced add-ons, the BT1 is my preferred iOS interface because of the added convenience of not having to manually connect to a WiFi network each time.
allowe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »

love the reply thank you! so i can leave it in my scion frs and forget about it and when i step into my car, it will connect right away eh?. you said it auto shuts off.

what do you mean by specific PIDs? im using dashcommand. what if i bought the extra PIDs for my car as its an option for the FRS. will i be able to view those PIDs?

dude thanks for replying to my questions with helpful replies. i freaking love dashcommand. i have torque on my andriod tablet and while it has alot of features, dashcommand looks so neat and the dashboard is amazing

edit: oh man theyre out of stock everywhere Sad
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:57:17 pm by allowe » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: