Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
September 21, 2017, 02:25:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re connecting each morning to static IP Trouble  (Read 261 times)
lawrosa

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2017, 11:55:02 pm »

Every morning get in my car and switch to the OBD2 wifi adapter I have. I go in my phone settings  and turn on wifi. Its already set for static IP from the day before.

Dash command does not connect. I always need to forget network, then input the same static IP over again. And even this is sketchy.

1 ( DNS)

I often have to connect DHCP through the phone, then go back and try static many times.

Sometime in static IP trying to get DC to go green I press dashboards or gauges and go back and forth between them and the main page to get it to connect. Like I have to trick it.

Its a constant hassle.

I have no problems connecting DCHP.

I have the PEAK OBD unit.

http://veepeak.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_61&product_id=60

Any help? 
lawrosa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 01:05:42 pm »

I still dont know whats up with DC. Even though in morning I have static IP still set from previous day, DC fails to connect.

I have to go in my i phone settings and hit " forget network" Then I need to put in the #'s all over again 192.168.0.11 **** etc etc..

Then it connects.

Crazy as its the same #'s in the static IP lines. Im not sure why forrgetting the network and re inputting the #'s make a difference.

On a side note sometimes while driving it will dissconnect. Ill go into i phone wifi settings and all the info is still there in the Static IP address's. I then again have to pull over, forget network, re input the static Ip's and then it connects.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: