Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
September 22, 2017, 12:50:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1997 Chevy C1500 Cam Retard  (Read 223 times)
Wrestlefat

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:00:49 pm »

I recently changed the distributor in my 1997 Chevy C1500 and need to see the Cam Retard angle to make sure the distributor is set correctly (+/-2degrees from 0). I purchased the ScanXL software with GM enhanced add-on. In Scan XL, I made a graph tab that showed a graph for the Cam Retard (GM.ENGINE.CR PID) and a graph for the engine RPM's (SAE.RPM PID). The engine RPM graph is working fine, however, the Cam Retard graph is not working. I've attached a screen shot of what my graph tab looks like; note that this image was taken not being hooked up to the truck. Is there a specific reason that this Cam Retard graph is not working? Do I need to "activate" the graph? I appreciate any help.

**Problem Solved**
After reading through several other posts, I realized that I needed to go into "settings" - "PID Config" and make sure that the PID "GM.ENGINE.CR" was chacked with a little black checkmark. Not sure why they all aren't checked to begin with but I'm sure there's a reason. Anyway, this solved my problem of the Cam Retard graph not working. This software has done exactly what I needed it to do!

* ScanXL Snip.PNG (54.59 KB, 1359x705 - viewed 57 times.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:10:21 pm by Wrestlefat » Logged
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:07:22 am »

They aren't all checked by default because data logging would be extremely slow with that many items.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: