Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 19, 2017, 10:32:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash Command and Windows 10  (Read 510 times)
docgecko

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:20:17 am »

I see where I can purchase Windows Software for Dash Command. I purchased the kiwi3 and software only to find that my Android is NOT compatible with the Kiwi3. If I plunk down another $39, will I be able to connect via Bluetooth with my laptop? Thanks for any help.
FlyByMike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 06:57:16 pm »

"will I be able to connect via Bluetooth with my laptop?" I'd ask the Kiwi guys this question to be sure. On the other hand be aware DashCommand for Windows hasn't been updated in quite a while. So many of the features you may be interested in just aren't available.

What did Kiwi say when you told them the Kiwi3 wasn't compatible ?

I use DashCommand  to test the skins I write for Android and to playback data. I.e. it's just another development tool and not a live, view your car app.

-Mike
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 02:58:08 pm »

DashCommand for Windows is not set up to connect to any Bluetooth Low Energy devices, like the Kiwi 3, so it will not work. Instead of paying for different software, try getting a different hardware interface. PLX might exchange it for a Kiwi 2 Bluetooth that would work correctly both with your phone and with Windows.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: