Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 10, 2017, 07:07:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DashCommand 2.0.0 WishList (iPhone)  (Read 9782 times)
FerrariGuy

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:22:20 pm »

A few days ago I purchased DashCommand from the iTunes AppStore to go along with my KiWi ODBII WiFI device.

First of I want to say how impressive the software is.   Grin WOW!  I love the versitility.  I also have DevToaster's Rev for the iPhone, and altough it is also an impressive app, I think the iPhone version of DashCommand offers a lot more features & function.

I love the simultaneous logging of ODB-II PIDs, SkidPad data, Track GPS data, etc.

The PLX website, however, suggest that the data-logging from DashCommand can be viewed in their PLX Logger 3.0 software.  I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get the logged data out of DashCommand though.  Rev, for example, gives the user the opportunity to email the data file to themselves.

To compare the two, I do think Rev is easier and more intuitive to use. Rev's response is a bit crisper/faster (except for connecting to the ODB-II device), but it also may not be doing as much simultaneousy (the current version 1.x can only log 3 simultaneous ODB-II PIDs).  I do like it's ability to graph the ODB-II PID data though.  Both apps are great though and really show off the inginuity the iPhone has unleashed in the market.

My WishList:

1. An intuitive way to get the logged data off of the iPhone and into some app that can view the data.
2. An instruction manual? :-)
3. An external app (MS or OSX) that can simultaneously view all logged data in a variable speed playback mode.

• a. Can overlay track data on Google Earth or Google Maps.
  • b. Has a slider-bar for playback.
  • c. Can use the inclinometer data to draw a 3D elevation map of the track data (on top of a map preferrably).
  • d. Data time-stammped so that it could be syncronized with an in-car camera.

4.This may be difficult, or expensive, but eventual support for more advanced Mfgr specific ODBII trouble codes (Jaguar please? Yeah right...)
5. Replaying a Data Log w/in iPhone could be a bit more intutive. Took me a bit to figure out that after I loaded it I would get the option to replay it.
6. A pseudo dyno would be a nice addition.
7. A built-in feedback option.

TRUELY a great app!  Great work Palmer Performance. I look foward to it's continued development!  Thank you.

Vehicle:  1996 Jaguar VDP
ODBII Device: PLX KiWi WiFi monitor
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:52:27 pm »

Thank you for your suggestions, we will add these to the to do list.

We are working on a way to get the log files off of your iPhone, when we do get this working you will be able to view them with PCMSCAN or ScanXL.
FrayAdjacent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:55:22 pm »

I just downloaded and installed this app tonight since I got my Kiwi WiFi in today.  I've only plugged it in to make sure it works with the car (09 Prius) sitting in the garage.  My primary interest is the dashboards, since the car doesn't show the operator some key parameters such as engine speed and coolant temperature. 

It's mentioned that the dashboards were made using DashXL.  I downloaded DashCommand and was able to open DashXL, but I'm afraid creating new stuff in an application like that is beyond me.  Really, what I'd like to do is edit a couple of the stock dashboards.  The primary one that shows the tach, speedo, fuel and engine temperature is great, but I'd like to see the tach and engine coolant temperature as the large gauges and the battery state of charge and possibly engine loading as the two smaller gauges.  I saw a couple example dashes you guys made for the Tahoe Hybrid, and wondered if there were PIDs for the hybrid battery.  I think there are...

... but I digress.  How could I get the dashboard off of the phone then edit it and get it back on the phone?? 
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:54:27 pm »

We are currently working on a system that will allow you to edit the DashXL dashboards and download them to your phone. You will be able to create multiple dashboards (as part of a single DashXL skin set) and share them with others. More details to come later... Wink

BTW - can you tell me if your Prius supports the hybrid battery pack remaining charge PID (it's in the Hybrid category - SAE.BAT_PWR)?
FrayAdjacent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 08:42:46 pm »

Brian,

I'm not sure if that specific PID is supported... I know Toyota uses a set, but am not finding a list online.  I'm checking around, and am going to post at Priuschat.com to see what I can find. 

Some dashboards with some of the pertinent hybrid stats would be great.  I'd love to see the battery SOC in a needle type gauge... as well as one showing charging/discharging (if data can be obtained).  I did find information that there are PIDs for showing the lowest and highest individual cell voltages, which can be used for determining health of the battery unit. 

I'll see what I can find. 
FrayAdjacent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:21:45 pm »

I found this referring to querying the CAN system:

CAN message ID: 0x3CB
SOC data: byte #2 and #3

D5F10191 where:

0xD5 = ECU to target (HV battery ECU)
0xF1 = Custom code for Toyota Prius II (signature byte)
0x01 = Show current status
0x91 = PID for Battery SoC on battery ECU.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 02:05:55 pm »

You can tell if that PID is supported with DashCommand on the iPhone.

After you connect to the Prius go to Data Logging on the second page. Choose Add PID at the bottom. Scroll down to the Hybrid Category, and the PID will have a green check if it is supported, and a red x if its not.
FrayAdjacent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:16 pm »

You can tell if that PID is supported with DashCommand on the iPhone.

After you connect to the Prius go to Data Logging on the second page. Choose Add PID at the bottom. Scroll down to the Hybrid Category, and the PID will have a green check if it is supported, and a red x if its not.

Well, that sure sounds easy.  I'll try to remember to do that soon. 
FrayAdjacent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 08:42:52 pm »

Stepped out and checked, the Prius does not support the SAE.BAT_PWR PID.  Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: