Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 15, 2017, 10:03:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: got boost ?  (Read 7027 times)
nimikipod

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:54:11 am »

Hey all !!

my name is hagay and i'm a newbe from israel.

i'm currently working on some dash's for my friend's carpc.

first of all i would like to say that this is a very cool product you are making but your not letting it reach to its full potential, i think the main reason people will buy dashcommand is to have some cool dashboard designs on their carpc's and laptop's and here is where you guys fail to deliver !!
i have seen that you tried launching a competition but that didn't produce alot of dash's in your pool.. i really think you can put some more effort into that part of dashcommand.

second, will there ever be a final version of dashcommand that will enable multiple screens dash's and will support scripts Huh??

third, and here's my problem - the current car is a 2007 seat ibiza cupra. the car uses a bosch ecu much like all other VAG 1.8t cars. i need to extract a boost parameter out of what i got. i have seen that there's a way to do that by calculating it from the MAF sensor - how can i do that ??

siriously, i can handle the dash XL editor but i can't handle creating scripts i'm not a programmer and i think you guys at palmer can kindly prepare some scripts for us users, for someone who works with ecu's all day long it should be very easy..

i'm attaching a sample log of all the pid's i got - how do i make them into a boost gauge ??

also, could i get egt ? (exahust temperature) ,  how do i extract wideband data from what i got ??

please help. i promise to upload my dash's once they are ready !!

on onother note, is there any more intresting data i could extract from my pid's that would be of help to a  lap racers ?? i wanted oil pressure and oil temp but i can't find them..

thanks..

* T6T.lgf (11.9 KB - downloaded 153 times.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:03:02 am by nimikipod » Logged
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:51:45 pm »

We have a boost script that is included with PCMSCAN and ScanXL. You must be monitoring SAE.MAP and SAE.BARO for it to work. I pasted it at the bottom of this post so you can see it. There will be a version of DashCommand that has the buttons for multiple Dashboards to be used, as well as scripting. You can use this boost script as soon as the new DashCommand is released. We have tried to make our Dashboards customizable so that every user can have their own specific Dashboard, they don't have to use the ones we give them.

There is a PID called SAE.EOT (Engine Oil Temp), but your vehicle needs to support it. There is not a generic Oil Pressure or EG Temp PID.

// Script for scaling -15 to +20 PSI Boost Gauge
var ManifoldRelativePressurePSI = Obdii.GetPidValueEnglish("SAE.MAP") / 2.04; // inHg to PSI
var BarometricPressurePSI = Obdii.GetPidValueEnglish("SAE.BARO") / 2.04; // inHg to PSI
//var BoostPSI = ManifoldRelativePressurePSI - BarometricPressurePSI - 14.70; // Zero at atmospheric
var BoostPSI = ManifoldRelativePressurePSI - BarometricPressurePSI; // Zero at atmospheric
Obdii.PidValue.English = BoostPSI;
Obdii.PidValue.Metric = BoostPSI / 14.50; // PSI to Bar
nimikipod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:53:51 am »

thanks for the reply but as you can see in my attached log file(which covers all of my supported pid's) i have no SAE.BARO or SAE.MAP.
all i have is SAE.MAF, SAE.LOAD_PCT and all the other regular pid's --> can i get script the somehow calculates the boost from that ??

another thing - two pid's named SAE.BP_RDY and SAE.BP_SUP which supposed to be the boost pressure pid's. they are listed as supported but there is no actual value - what does that mean ?

thanks.

as far as the dash's go, i really think you can put some more attention to that because pretty and cool dash's will sell the product in a very diffrent market and in great numbers - not only car tuners and mechanics.
nimikipod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 05:52:53 am »

can anyone help with building the script (calculating boost from MAF)

thanks..

by the way - what does it mean when PCMSCAN says that a certain pid is supported but don't show any data ??
nimikipod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 04:09:03 pm »

what does it mean when PCMSCAN says that a certain pid is supported but don't show any data ??
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 03:49:51 pm »

With SAE.BP_SUP the data is "Supported" or "Not Supported". It is not saying that the PID is supported. There are quite a few PIDs where the data is a string rather than a number.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: