Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 01:22:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah!!! New version 2 finally!  (Read 9112 times)
pcpete

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009, 10:27:25 pm »

Wow , it feels like xmas Cheesy been waiting patiently for this ..plus enhanced codes for Mazda ..WOW..it's my lucky day!

So, I'm in the market for both...a couple of questions...

1. I own DashCommand 1 , is there an upgrade price?

2. If i purchase SCANXL + enhanced for Mazda + Dashcommand 2..is there a bundle price?

3. I downloaded the latest build of SCANXL to see if my car ( 2000 Mazda Millenia S) was listed, and Mazda wasn't listed at all.
    I would like to know my car is supported for enhanced codes and what codes/pids I can see before purchase.

Congrats and thx for getting these out...you really made my day!

pcpete

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:33:17 am »

Wow , it feels like xmas Cheesy been waiting patiently for this ..plus enhanced codes for Mazda ..WOW..it's my lucky day!

2. If i purchase SCANXL + enhanced for Mazda + Dashcommand 2..is there a bundle price?

3. I downloaded the latest build of SCANXL to see if my car ( 2000 Mazda Millenia S) was listed, and Mazda wasn't listed at all.
    I would like to know my car is supported for enhanced codes and what codes/pids I can see before purchase.

Already found answer to #3, downloaded the 'pro' demo  version of scanxl and my millenia was there! I scaned for pids and it detected quite a few mazda specific pids...my total pid count is 167..is that good? or do other cars get alot more?

Gotta get the wallet out soon... Wink

pcpete

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 10:18:18 am »

Just found answer to #1,  Smiley Smiley Smiley free upgrade!! You guys rock!!  (Update lic key on downloads page) Will definately be purchasing scanxl + mazda enhanced!! THX
drewbp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:47:28 pm »

Awesome.  Okay where are the skin sets stored.  I dont see a tool for creating my own skins or updating old skins to the new format.  Is there any documentation for skinning as the how to skin is for the old version of Dash Command.

Thanks for all your hard work.  It looks great so far.

Edit.  Okay I found the Dash XL skin editor.  I am sure that will help answer the other questions as well.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:52:21 pm by drewbp » Logged
pcpete

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 04:53:45 pm »

download dashxl from downloads Smiley

totally different app! skinxl!

now select 'add new dashboard' then enter whatever, then select edit dashboard,  old style dashxl loads, select import dash from file menu, load old dashxl style page, save dash, then back in skinxl save ...

just imported all my gtr style gauges < working sweet so far

BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 05:08:36 pm »

Don't forget to upload your new DashXL skin sets to DashXL.net! Wink
drewbp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 05:55:14 pm »

Would love to see your GTR gauges PCPete.  Any chance of uploading them.
pcpete

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 07:12:34 pm »

typing in my car so i'll be short.....

the gtr gauges are from mp3car forums, poster asbsf or something like that Smiley

i'll post a link later if needed
drewbp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 08:47:55 pm »

Yes I have those.  ASMPBM.  I thought you might have the whole button thing already worked out.
pcpete

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 09:11:39 pm »

Just starting to mess around with it a little bit more...you know that it supports gestures to change dashes , right?
drewbp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 09:44:05 pm »

No I did not know that.  I am working on getting some of the scripts to work, since they were not supported before.  I have paging buttons in place already.  I typically dont use gestures in RR.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 05:28:16 pm »

It does support gestures for switching Dashboards. You can also look at a sample Skin Set if you can't figure out how the buttons work. We have all of the default Skins posted on DashXL.net.
drewbp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 02:54:50 pm »

On the sample skin set, the buttons do not move as you scroll between pages.  On the skins on the .net pages, the buttons move along with the scrolled pages ie, the Chevy Hybrid skins. I cant find the included sample set skin file to find out the differences between the two.
I would like to create one button file to work with all pages like in the included sample.

Edit:  Actually figured it out myself.  I put all the buttons in the foreground skin, and removed them from the individual screens.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:41:46 pm by drewbp » Logged
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 05:55:25 pm »

Glad you figured it out. Yes, the difference is that when the buttons are in either the Foreground or Background dashboards they will always be shown. It makes changing dashboards a lot easier, because you don't have to redo the buttons for every dash.

If you place then in the background, you can cover them up with something like a gauge if you want to make a single dashboard have different buttons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: