Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 11, 2017, 10:05:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ScanXL Enhanced WAS working, but now will not display pids..problem solved  (Read 2383 times)
Country John

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:54:18 am »

Received everything OK, installed downloaded software within last few weeks, purchased Ford enhanced, input data to enable, everything enabled OK and worked for a few days.  Upon last boot of program, the config program was lost (containing data saved after pid config) (error "unable to read config file").  No enhanved ford PIDs were displayed in any tab, only SAE's.

Removed program, reboot, re-installed ok but licence info for advanced features appears as "Activated" in new install, without being re-inserted by me, and ford PIDs still do not appear at all.  Lower right corner show registered to me.  No change when connected to the vehicle (no connection problems)

I loaded the program on another laptop and it worked fine with full pids, but the samsung is a small tablet with a mounting bracket in the car, it's the computer I want to use.  Is there a registry entry that needs to be cleared?

I try entering a new vehicle, when vehicle settings appears, it indicated "enhanced diagnostics not available."

I need to get this fixed.  The computer is a Samsung tablet, running XP with no issues. 

By the way, I loaded the download as original install, then installed from the disk.  I tried downloading again but I get that the setup program is not a valid win32 program and the install aborts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, well I guess it was a problem with the tablet PC.  I had to restore to Sept 15th and then reloaded from the disk, everything came up properly and all PIDS are back. 

I didn't think it was a palmer problem, the software seems to be stable.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:56:52 pm by Country John » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: