Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
April 20, 2014, 12:23:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: obd-II terminal, send commands ?  (Read 4826 times)
76redstinger

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2005, 01:37:33 pm »

hello

does anyone know how to "send "commands w/ terminal feature ?

where can i find some info on this topic ?

id like to re-tune for efficiency, not to meet emissions like the factory has too.

R.
hornerm
PCMSCAN v1.0 Beta Testers

20001 Chevrolet Impala ELM32x INTERFACE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 09:09:01 am »

76redstinger

You will not be able to send any command to vehicle brain (vehicle computer) to change chip. Sorry.

p.s. if you really want to do this, you will have to buy expensive software ($2,000 - 4,000).
zaremba

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 04:48:09 pm »

if you are good with electrical work you could acualy instal resistors in some of your sensors on the signal side of the circut to fool your ecu and basicly do the same thing as reprograming.
paulv5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 03:46:03 pm »

Good afternoon,

I'm interested reseting adaptive switches in a 96' Saturn ECM.  Specifically the crank variation learn switch to "reset" so as to cause the ECM relearning of crank variation.  The car has a new engine and (crankshaft).  Runs and performs well but got the minor shakes.  Called the local technical college auto instructor who indicated a similar experience but he did not have the capability to do the Saturn.  Have alldata instructions which I guess need translation to a command line instruction. 

More than one source indicates this is important whenever a Saturn crankshaft is introduced to a given ECM.  The same sources say similar for some other GM products.

Been using Auto X-Ray generic, Time to upgrade.  Well, looking at info and still relying on a car dealer, well there must be a better way for DIY'rs.

Thanks

hornerm
PCMSCAN v1.0 Beta Testers

20001 Chevrolet Impala ELM32x INTERFACE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:15:37 am »

Try to find the speedshop. They might have the special scanner that can retune the OBD CPU. Yes you have to pay for service but it will be cheaper than dealer.
paulv5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 07:54:55 pm »

The dealer updated to current calibration (several improvements) & set "Crank shaft variation learned" to "no" for less than shop w/same scanner(tech 2).  What appears to be the case is this:

GM's w/passlock or digital instruments might be reset to "Crankshaft tooth variation learn" by ignition switch key on/off procedure while some (96' Saturn SOHC) require dealer or a "Tech 2" scanner.  Twice tried genisis (two separate shops) with no path to the required mode or setting.  Seperately, S.O. factory indicated (on phone) Modis can't do the Saturn 1996 SOHC. 

The reset appears to be an instruction to cause the ECM to perform a task it is already programmed to perform, as opposed to reprogramming. 

The importance of this reset appears in significant places on the web and hope this cast light for others.  Maybe it's not important, but then I learned on points & breaker plates>

I hereby make the disclaimer: This is only my experience an not a statement of fact and that mention of trademarked equipment is only for reference.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: