Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 01:19:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Considering license, but bad/jumping data  (Read 3464 times)
ajm786

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:21:26 am »

I'm connecting this to a 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight LS.

The problem is that when reading the values, there is a LOT of trash data. For instance, when the vehicle RPM is around 800, the reading goes like this: 836, 1939, 9339, 2605, 840, 5605, 3085, 820, etc. etc.

There were already 2 topics on this, and the admins never responded as to whether or not this problem was fixed, or would be fixed.

http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1355.0
http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1345.0

This is happening to me on an Elmscan5, connecting to the evaluation software. I will NOT consider a license until I am told what the problem is and assured that this has been fixed. If it has been fixed, point me to a proper demo that I can install, and, upon verification, you most assuredly have sold a license to me.

BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:26 am »

We have released many new versions and bug fixes since those old topics. What version of the software are you using? Is it the latest version?

If this problem is happening with the latest software version, then please send us a techlog (on level 9) and we'll take a look at the problem.
ajm786

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:44:46 am »

We have released many new versions and bug fixes since those old topics. What version of the software are you using? Is it the latest version?

If this problem is happening with the latest software version, then please send us a techlog (on level 9) and we'll take a look at the problem.

That is very good to hear.

If that's the case, it must have been me using an older evaluation software. I downloaded the latest one from your website and I will try it later tonight. I will update this thread and let you know if I still have the problem or not, which if it's the former, I'll send you a debug 9 log.

Thanks.
ajm786

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:13:15 am »

I just wanted to update that the download directly from your site remedied the issue. I will be placing my order soon!

Thanks!
Pierre@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:47:23 am »

Great news. I'm happy this worked out.

Pierre.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: