Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 11, 2017, 07:36:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basics - what does what?  (Read 2400 times)
customrv

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2010, 04:20:51 am »

Good day all,

I have just jumped into this exciting realm of OBD and PC based info so I might be asking stupid questions in the eyes of the experienced  Embarrassed

I come from a Land Rover background where the most electrics are the lights  Cheesy  So please help me out......

I took a light year step forward and bought a 2000 Range Rover P38 with Bosch Motronic 5.2.1 management and a heap of other FRED's under the seats.

So I bought a LR specific interface (MSV nano) from Blackbox solutions to access all Freddies in the car but it is a propriatry device with only their software and nothing else and they don't offer a customisable graphical interface.  So I also got a CarPC going and found myself wanting of live info on the Centrafuse front end.

That meant I had to buy another unit, so got the ELMScan5 compact and also Dashcommand thinking that is the only thing I need.

But........ now how do I find what parameters my P38 supports, how do I make my own dash layout with all the info I want on it and which packages do I need to do what?

I now have ScanTool's basic package installed, some EzyOBD thing, Dashcommand, BBS VehicleExplorer and oh yes, I got a LC-1 wideband O2 from Innovate which came with their package LogWorks.

I have all these things and now I find myself confused, what do I need and which package is needed for what and finally how do I get to find out what info my vehicle will give me and what do I need to do to get it on a screen in Centrafuse3.1  Huh

Confused,
CRV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: