Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 16, 2018, 08:01:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DashCommand 2.5 - Vehicle Settings  (Read 10208 times)
Muzikman

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:25:13 am »

I have a couple questions about the Vehicle Setting in the new version of DashCommand.

1. Wheel circumference. I assume that means tire circumference?

2. Vehicle speed correction factor. How is this calculated? With my oversized tires, I need to correct for being about 5% slower than actual speed. I am not sure how the correction is being calculated, so I am not sure what I need to put in there.

Would it be possible to list all the settings and what they relate to?
Pierre@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 02:08:57 pm »

Hi!

1. Wheel circumference is indeed the circumference of the tire when mounted on the wheel.

2. The Vehicle speed correction factor is used by CALC.VSS_C where VSS_C = VSS * Correction_factor. So in your case you'd use a 0.95 as the correction factor.

I've also attached a document that explains all the vehicle settings and what they relate to. I'm still in the process of writing other documentation as well. I'm sure you'd appreciate knowing more about all the new CALC.* scripts.

Cheers,
Pierre.

* DashCommand Vehicle Settings.pdf (314.5 KB - downloaded 391 times.)
crazyx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:22:20 am »

Hi,

I am using Dashcommand 2.5 on my iPhone.. For Speed correction I can enter what I want...There is no correction happen...I was trying the factors 0.90, 1.10 and 2.00.

I am using in the Speed setting km/h.

Thanks crazyx
Pierre@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:42:03 am »

Hi crazyx,

You've found a minor bug with the iPhone dashboards. They are displaying the speedometer speed (SAE.VSS) instead of corrected speed (CALC.VSS_C). I'll post up new dashboards/skin in a couple days that will fix the issue. Use the "Download from DashXL.net" feature to download "Tuxedo A Mobile WS1 Portrait" and "Tuxedo A Mobile WS1 Landscape".

Thanks for posting.

Pierre.
crazyx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »

Hi Pierre,

Thank you!

bye crazyx
crazyx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:55:59 am »

Hi Pierre,

Hi crazyx,

You've found a minor bug with the iPhone dashboards. They are displaying the speedometer speed (SAE.VSS) instead of corrected speed (CALC.VSS_C). I'll post up new dashboards/skin in a couple days that will fix the issue. Use the "Download from DashXL.net" feature to download "Tuxedo A Mobile WS1 Portrait" and "Tuxedo A Mobile WS1 Landscape".

Thanks for posting.

Pierre.

I did download and install the version 1001 from dashXL.net. If I choose in the Settings the "Tuxedo A Mobile WS1 Portrait" I see that there are two selection (old and new) in my skin set. It looks like the 1000 and the 1001 version is selected.

So If I go in my Dashboard, I see in the bottom left corner still the version 1000. This means, that the speed correction factor is still no not working.

I think, my idea with a delete option in the skin set option could solve problems like that.  Wink

bye crazyx
Pierre@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 02:13:09 pm »

Yeah the pre-installed dashboard set (1000) and the new dashboard set (1001) have the exact same name and thus it does  appear twice in the list and when you select one, both are selected (get a checkmark). Fortunately, if you select the second one in the list it will properly select the 1001 version.

It's a pain we'll need to live with until we add a delete feature and fix the multiple checks bug.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Embarrassed

Pierre.
crazyx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 02:30:11 pm »

Hi Pierre,

ohhh...That seems to be works...Thanks for the workaround hint.

bye crazyx
BMCJunkie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 10:34:53 am »

Hi!

1. Wheel circumference is indeed the circumference of the tire when mounted on the wheel.

2. The Vehicle speed correction factor is used by CALC.VSS_C where VSS_C = VSS * Correction_factor. So in your case you'd use a 0.95 as the correction factor.

I've also attached a document that explains all the vehicle settings and what they relate to. I'm still in the process of writing other documentation as well. I'm sure you'd appreciate knowing more about all the new CALC.* scripts.

Cheers,
Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

any idea when you'll have the documentation ready?  Is there a manual that I've missed somewhere or is that what you are working on?
crazyx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 03:05:17 pm »

Hi Pierre,

Feedback to 1001: Speed correction works great! Thanks for the fast fix.

bye crazyx
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 04:06:07 pm »

any idea when you'll have the documentation ready?  Is there a manual that I've missed somewhere or is that what you are working on?

The documentation has now been uploaded to the downloads page.
drewbp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 04:37:45 pm »

What do I need to change to make my Orange version correct?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 05:10:31 pm »

I think the bug was only in the iPhone version, yours should be ok. I just looked at yours too, and it is using CALC.VSS_C.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: