Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 19, 2017, 10:18:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GM ECM relearn procedure  (Read 15039 times)
tlrchassis

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:13 am »

I am replacing the ECM on my 02 s-10 4.3l with a reman unit from Auto Zone. The ECM has been flashed for my application by Auto Zone however the included paperwork states that I must perform a relearn procedure for the engine to start. My vehicle service manual on Mitchell1 refers to using the GM scan tool to perform this relearn procedure. My question is, can I use my Scan XL to do the relearn and if so how would I go about this? Thanks!
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 01:22:04 pm »

Unfortunately, our software is read only and cannot do a relearn procedure. This only exception to this is clearing trouble codes.
346LSX

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:50:45 pm »

No scan tool needed for passlock relearn:

30 Minute Learn Procedure

1.Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
 2.Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
 3.Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
 4.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
 5.Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes, the vehicle is now ready   
to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
IMPORTANT:  The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the  vehicle.
6.Start the engine, the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password. 7.With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed, history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.
bluefish7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 02:50:05 pm »

Is this still an accurate way to do this with a 2008 Acadia?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: