Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 17, 2018, 03:57:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Xoom  (Read 10626 times)
bahamabum

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:43:06 pm »

I can connect to my scantool, BUT when I try to goto the dashboards I get a Failed to load DASHXL skin set.  O find
under settings a option to dload from dashxl.net  when i choose that I get  HTTP request failed Error 2 HTTP status Code 0 unknown.

Works on my EVO but really want to use my dash mounted Xoom!!

Trevor@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:52:29 pm »

This looks like a file storage error, We have responded to your email about this concern. The motorola uses a version of Android called Honeycomb that we haven't tested on yet. We will look into this before the next release.
pinemup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »

Same here, I have purchased a XOOM specifically to Run Dashcommand in my Volvo and have the same error message. Hopefully you folks can get a fix for this issue fairly soon. Purchased the app today but will hold off on the com adapter till resolved.
 Great product-look forward to using it.
pinemup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:39:15 pm »

Some more help here.....
  So ended up buying OBD 2 link with Bluetooth and Windows version of DC. as well as purchased the Android Version. Have it installed on My Droid X untill Xoom fix is available. Bluetooth works fine and can hook up and get basic info (on phone it says "paired but not commected"  so a few questions.....
 1 when using the Droid phone do i need to be connected to the devise via Bluetooth AND usb cable?
 2 Where do I input my product code and License key for the android version?
 3 where can i get a copy of the Android version User manual?
  Cant set up Vehicle in tab, asks for a menu button that does not exist. I assume this is why i only display a very limited amount of gauges that are actually active.

If you Folks can point me in the right direction of answers I will carry on......I really look forward to seeing it really work
so far have about a grand trying to get all this to work...Droid X, Xoom, OBD2/USB interface, DC for windows and Android.
  Thanks for your time in advance...
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »

No, you don't need your Android device to be connected with the USB cable. In fact, if the USB cable is plugged into the other side of the OBDLink it turns the bluetooth off.

You don't need a license for the Android version. We're working on a users manual, but don't have one available yet.

It is my understanding that every Android device requires a physical Home, Menu, and Back button on the device. Your phone doesn't have those? A lot of information won't show unless you have created in the vehicle manager, because certain things require information that you input in order to do their calculations (such as, horsepower and torque calcs require vehicle weight).

The problem with the Xoom is that it doesn't support an SD card, where our software stores the dashboards on the SD card. As soon as a version of Honeycomb with SD card support becomes available DashCommand should work.
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 02:59:41 pm »

Updated my Asus Eee Pad Transformer to Android 3.1. My microSD card is working (cand read/write to it using applications or file manager). unfortunately, the Dashboard does not work. Also, lot of settings don't show text labels. When I go in the Skin selection settings, I see the 2 radio buttons, but no text. I where able to add a 3rd radio button in this menu by duplicating the file hierarchy from an iPhone using your application to my Android tablet. I had an extra downloaded dashboard in this directory, that's why it adds a radio button in DashCommand for Android. We used iFunBox to extract the files from the iPhone and did try to copy the files in /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.palmerperformance.DashCommand. This folder is already created by default, but there is no files in it. This look like a software problem on your side.

For reference, here is a copy of an e-mail I sent you on May 31th. I did not get any reply yet. This will give you clues about what I did try some days ago:

--- Email begins here ---

Hi, I have the same problem as in this thread:
http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=4143.0

I have the new Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Android 3.0.1. My MicroSD card reader/writer is working fine. I can add files to it manually. But for a reason I don't understand, I can't use the Dashboards.

Here are the steps (note: /mnt/sdcard is not my SD car reader.. it is internal memory):
1. Install DashCommand
2. Check in /mnt/sdcard/Android/data (there is no DashCommand folder created yet)
3. Start DashCommand
4. Check in /mnt/sdcard/Android/data (there is a com.palmerperformance.DashCommand folder created... contain an empty "files" folder)
5. In DashCommand, when I click on "Dashboards" I get this error message: Failed to load DashXL skin set!

I did put a microSD card in my slot to make sure I have one if youre software need it. Still no luck. The microSD card is not used, but unlike the XOOM, the microSD slot is working on the Eee Pad Transformer.

Can you help me ? I can copy files manually if needed. Just let me know how I can fix this problem. I have enought skills to fix it manually until the next update.

Thank you.
--- Email ends here ---

Please let me know if there is any workaround to this problem. I don't care having to copy files manually to a folder until the next release. Just provide me the needed files and a list of directory where to copy them.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:05:14 pm by larry1981 » Logged
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 05:11:34 pm »

You say you receive my PM even if I get an error message, so you can delete this message.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:26:36 am by larry1981 » Logged
Trevor@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 05:16:00 pm »

did you check the my messages section of the home/ help/ search/ etc bar for the forum? Because I was able to get your PM and send one back.
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 01:58:42 pm »

Did you get time to check the Techlog I sent on June 2nd, 2011 ? I would like to be able to try the application soon.

Thank you.
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 03:09:06 pm »

Do you answer you mails ? Sent a message on June 6th and still no answer. Also, I posted a message in this thread yesterday, but no reply. I would like to know how I can use DashCommand with Android 3.1. You have my techlog since last week.

Thank you.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:10 pm »

Email support@palmerperformance.com about this.
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 12:42:56 pm »

Ok, I did resend my last e-mail. I always send my e-mails to support@palmerperformance.com.

Have a nice day.
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 09:42:46 am »

Still no reply. I did send my e-mail on June 2nd at support@palmerperformance.com and resent it to the same e-mail address on June 10th. I just want to know if my Techlog is enough to solve the issue with Android 3.1. I offer you my help to solve this issue.

Have a nice day.
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:10 pm »

Hi, it would be nice to hear from you. I sent you pictures at support@palmerperformance.com on June 21th to show the problem. I did send another e-mail this morning about it. My suggestion is that you compile your software using the latest Android API12. I don't know if it will solve the problem, but maybe compilation will show you the problem in the warnings or compilation errors.

Let me know if I can help you. Have a good day.
larry1981

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 08:31:50 am »

Hi, I don't understand something. Why don't you answer your e-mails unless we write you that we sent you e-mails on the forum ? I sent about 3 or 4 unanswered e-mails to support@palmerperformance.com in the past weeks.

I try to help to get a working software on the Motorola XOOM, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer and any other Android 3.x devices. It would be nice to have some feedback. Beeing a programmer myself, I can't beleive this little bug can't be fixed within a week or 2 if you're very busy or 1 day if you're working full time on it. I understand that maybe you don't have any Android 3.x device with you to test, so I offer you to test your revisions on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer for you if needed. I did try your software in the very slow Android emulator and it is working, so the emulator is not what you need to test your software.

Let me know if you need some help.

Have a good day.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: