Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 11, 2017, 07:45:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue screen of death!  (Read 14690 times)
85PERCENT

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:36:59 pm »

I thought the crashing had stopped but now is happening more frequent than ever. At least once every time I use the software. I am running a 64bit windows 7 home edition acer netbook with 2gb DDR3 ram with intel core duo that I just purchased brand new not even a month ago just for my tuning needs.

It sucks when you are in the middle of datalogging than the blue screen of death Huh and my computer restarts. I need to really solve this issue please!
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:03:54 pm »

For the most part, software cannot cause a blue screen. Really the only thing that can do this is a driver error. I'd first try reinstalling the FTDI drivers, which are here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20814_Setup.exe

If that doesn't fix it, I doubt its related to our stuff. I'd start checking things like video drivers and motherboard chipset drivers. Also, there should be a filename at the top of the blue screen which can give some clues as to what is causing it.
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:03 am »

it say "driver IQRL not less or equal" on top of the screen and this is the only program it does this with on this brand new netbook. Huh
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »

Can I get some freaking help please!! Angry I went and purchased your program for almost $100 bucks and spent almost $350 to get this net book so I can run your software but this is just becoming useless and annoying. I paased up on autotap and HPT or EFI dataloggers to go with your program. I have not been able to datalog or monitor for the last 3 days because of the crashing and I am in the middle of tuning my car right now. This netbook is brand new and I dont do anything but run your program and my tuning software. Your program is the only thing thats causing this and everything else work perfect so I am having a hard time understanding how is not your software related issue. I might be wrong and thats why I need tech support from you guys. Dont you guys provide tech service?? Huh
thelbekk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:27:35 am »

As the man said, this is almost certainly a driver problem. You need to find out which hardware driver is causing it, and then upgrade that driver and hope that it helps. It could be the one Weston mentions, but it could also be, say, your graphic card driver that's stumbling. If it happens only with one application, that just means that this application causes the system to ask the buggy driver to do something it fails to do right.

Near the top of the BSOD, there should be information about which bit of code actually crashed. This will be in the form of a file name, which will tell you where the problem is.

-tih
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:53 pm »

Can you get us a picture of the blue screen? What model exactly is your netbook? Which interface are you using? Have you searched anywhere to see if other people with this same netbook have had similar problems?

We aren't a computer tech support company, and we aren't really qualified to give general tech support. I'm fine to try and help you out, but just keep in mind this is a little out of the scope of our software.

The FTDI drivers create a virtual COM port using the USB connection from an OBDLink or other ELM device. I'm using the driver I linked you to right now on Windows 7 64 bit without a problem. That's really the only driver that our software should ever touch, if you have the latest version of the FTDI driver I would start looking at other hardware unrelated to our software.

You say it always does it when your running our software, but you also say you bought the netbook just to run our software. Doesn't this mean you're almost always running our software? Maybe you could try using the netbook for a little while without running ScanXL, and see if it still has issues. Play some Solitaire or something. Smiley You could also try running some other free software for data logging, like the ScanTool.net software here:
http://www.scantool.net/scantool/downloads/83/scantool_net121win.exe

Also, if you are completely convinced that is it our software causing the problem, you can get me a tech log and I can check what the software is doing right before it bluescreens. To do this, (before you connect) go to the Help menu > Debug Options, and set Debug Level 7. Then go back to Debug Options and select Start Sequential Writing. After it bluescreens, post up the file that was created.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:06:16 pm by Weston@PPE » Logged
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 01:26:50 pm »

I am using tactrix box as the interface. I cleared the driver and downloaded the driver you provided in the link but it does not work with the tactrix box so I had to re download the driver provided by trifecta which is my tuning program that solely uses tactrix box. After I cleaned all the drivers and reinstalled the driver the problem had went away for couple days so I figured maybe the problem was fixed but now is back again.

On top of the blue screen it say "driver IQRL not less or equal" then at the bottom of the page it has all these weird numbers like "01000000100000000000"

Is there another way to get you guys the info on what is happening through my windows 7 OS? The blue screen come on then it go away within like 2 seconds then the netbook restart, but I'll try to take a pic. The netbook I purchased is acer aspire one 722-BZ480.

Thanks.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 04:23:47 pm »

Yeah the FTDI drivers are for the OBDLink, they wouldn't work with a Tactrix.

The bluescreen should have a lot of text that could help locate the problem, but its probably hard to get a picture when you don't know what time its going to bluescreen.

I do not for for sure if the Windows Event system will save information on blue screens, does anyone know? If you'd like to look through these event logs 85PERCENT, you can just right-click on My Computer in the Start menu, and select Manage. Then you should see an option on the left for Event Viewer. Poke around in there for a little while and see if you can find anything related to this.
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:48:29 am »

I too am running the 64bit version of Windows 7 and have this exact same issue, along with the program completely freezing (not responding) when attempting to graph a log, but this only really seems to be an issue when logging ANY GM vehicle. It's not only the Tactix cable that is having this issue btw. This is also happening with the ELM interface so I highly doubt this is driver related. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 01:21:56 pm »

Do you have a log file you can send me that causes it to go slow while graphing? I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and haven't experienced any of these issues (although I have not tried using the Tactrix yet).
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 03:36:08 pm »

I can absolutely send you a log, however I have nothing showing the point of failure (ie: blue screen or program not responding) because obviously none of those logs would be able to be saved. I have quite a few logs on hand that I can send you though, some of which showing a literally 1.5 second latency (which is absolutely rediculous!!) when selecting more than a handfull of GM PIDs to monitor/record data at once. Once I remove all GM PIDs my latency cranks up to around 10 frames/sec no matter how many SAE, CALC, or SCRIPT PIDS I have selected at once so something is going one here. Now this is also not an issue with the GM ECMs either. Other programs such as HPTuner are able to record 20 frames/sec while having SIGNIFICANTLY more GM PIDs selected at once. Where can I send you a file, or is there a way to just post my configuration and log file in this thread? Again, thank you for any help with this.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 04:06:42 pm »

If you hit the additional options button while making a post, you can attach files. You can also send them to support@palmerperformance.com (with a link to this thread, so I know who it is).

You say its not an issues with other GM ECMs, but you don't say which ECM/engine you are connecting to. If you can let me know what vehicle you are connecting to that is getting the slow refresh rate, I'd be glad to look through our PID database and make sure we don't have anything that would slow it down.
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 04:28:38 pm »

oops, I appologize. When I stated in my last post that it's not an issue with other GM vehicles/ECMs, I meant to say that it's not just an issue with MY vehicle/ECM (sorry I was typing too fast.. lol..  Wink) I have had this issue with any GM vehicle I have ever connected to for whatever reason. 2005-2010 Chevy Cobalt SS, 97 Buick Riviera, 2000 Chevy Camaro SS, ect ect. Now in saying that, I do not have any other Enhanced versions other than GM so I can not compare the GM enhanced PID latency to that of say a Ford, or Madza BUT the only time my latency gets silly slow is when I start selecting multiple GM specific PIDs. Here is an example of a log file and one of my configurations to view it in.

This config file is a little more extreme as far as PID selection, but I wanted to give you one of the more extreme latency examples. I also have a slightly more toned down config that still has a solid 1 second latency. Either way, let me know what you think. Thanks

* 3-27-11sparkadvance.lgf (76.48 KB - downloaded 184 times.)
* CobaltLNFconfigNew.cfg (21.9 KB - downloaded 170 times.)
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 05:16:50 pm »

If you hit the additional options button while making a post, you can attach files. You can also send them to support@palmerperformance.com (with a link to this thread, so I know who it is).

You say its not an issues with other GM ECMs, but you don't say which ECM/engine you are connecting to. If you can let me know what vehicle you are connecting to that is getting the slow refresh rate, I'd be glad to look through our PID database and make sure we don't have anything that would slow it down.

So any luck with that log file?
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 03:18:45 pm »

Bump for ANY sort of response from PPE what so ever..   Huh
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: