Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 18, 2017, 03:33:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue screen of death!  (Read 14749 times)
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 04:34:57 pm »

I really hope this can be resolved or if you guys can narrow this down to what is the actual problem that are causing this crashing.

I went into my event viewer and this is all related to the crash. I am not sure if this will be any help but this is what the event viewer show. Sorry, I am not too good when it come to this computer stuff.

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
   [ Guid]  {ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}
   [ EventSourceName]  BugCheck

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers]  16384

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2011-07-29T18:32:55.000000000Z

EventRecordID 45161

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID]  0
   [ ThreadID]  0

Channel System

Computer KINGPINJAY-PC

Security

- EventData

param1 0x000000d1 (0x00000000000000b8, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff88006c50161)
  param2 C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
  param3 072911-24835-01

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
   [ Guid]  {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2011-07-29T18:39:31.607219300Z

EventRecordID 45286

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID]  4
   [ ThreadID]  8

Channel System

Computer KingpinJay-PC

- Security

[ UserID]  S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 209
  BugcheckParameter1 0xb8
  BugcheckParameter2 0x2
  BugcheckParameter3 0x0
  BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff880044c3161
  SleepInProgress false
  PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 04:51:27 pm »

85PERCENT:
This still looks like a driver problem. If you've got the latest FTDI drivers, try updating your other drivers like your USB controller or motherboard chipset.

MidHeaven:
I don't see anything wrong with that log. Its probably going so slow because you have so many PIDs selected. Theoretically speaking, selecting 10 SAE PIDs should go just as fast as selecting 10 GM PIDs, but it would 2 times as fast as select all 20 PIDs at once. If you're adding the GM PIDs to your SAE PIDs, its going to start slowing down a lot after about 10 PIDs. Most of the older GM vehicles use the J1850 protocol which isn't the fastest (isn't the slowest either), and the vehicle just can't keep up with how many PIDs you want.

I've monitoring 30+ GM PIDs on a 2007 Yukon with a refresh time of probably 5 or 10 frames a second. Newer CAN vehicles will be much much faster (2006+ will probably be use the CAN protocol).
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 05:41:56 pm »

85PERCENT:
This still looks like a driver problem. If you've got the latest FTDI drivers, try updating your other drivers like your USB controller or motherboard chipset.

MidHeaven:
I don't see anything wrong with that log. Its probably going so slow because you have so many PIDs selected. Theoretically speaking, selecting 10 SAE PIDs should go just as fast as selecting 10 GM PIDs, but it would 2 times as fast as select all 20 PIDs at once. If you're adding the GM PIDs to your SAE PIDs, its going to start slowing down a lot after about 10 PIDs. Most of the older GM vehicles use the J1850 protocol which isn't the fastest (isn't the slowest either), and the vehicle just can't keep up with how many PIDs you want.

I've monitoring 30+ GM PIDs on a 2007 Yukon with a refresh time of probably 5 or 10 frames a second. Newer CAN vehicles will be much much faster (2006+ will probably be use the CAN protocol).

Jeesh I would KILL for 5-10 frames/sec while monitoring over 30 PIDs.. lol.. Even with only 32 PIDs being monitored in a 2009 Cobalt SS with the J2534 protocol E69 ecm(12 GM PIDs, and 20 SAE) the fasted refresh I can get is only 1 frame every 7 tenths of a sec (.7). I'm not really sure what to do at this point here. I'd really prefer to not have any fewer PIDs selected because quite frankly, what's the point of only logging a few SAE PIDs when I spent the money on the enhanced version for a reason. I need to see a broad range of parameters at once when tuning and/or troubleshooting a vehicle otherwise it is sort of useless. Between the slow refresh rates, the program completely locking up while graphing on MANY occasions, and getting blue screens in the middle of logging (yes all of the above has happened to me and obviously 85PERCENT has been experiencing issues with blue screens as well) it's honestly very discouraging.   Cry
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »

Midhaven..I have the e69 ecm as well..how do I check for refresh rate? I have about 13 SAE PID's selected.

Every driver is up to date..just went through the whole computer yesterday and the problem is still there. Now it seem to crash every 10 minutes Angry Eversince I purchased scanxl I have not been able to use it without crashing and this is just starting to get real ridiculous.
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 05:00:31 pm »

Midhaven..I have the e69 ecm as well..how do I check for refresh rate? I have about 13 SAE PID's selected.

Every driver is up to date..just went through the whole computer yesterday and the problem is still there. Now it seem to crash every 10 minutes Angry Eversince I purchased scanxl I have not been able to use it without crashing and this is just starting to get real ridiculous.

13 SAE PIDs should give you a great refresh rate. Probably somewhere in the area of 10-15 frames/sec. The easiest way to check for yourself is to open a graphed log file, and watch the time on the bottom of the graph and compare how many frames you went in one second. Literally count how many frames (clicks) you get per second in a graphed log. The issue I'm personally having isn't with the SAE PIDs, it's with the GM enhanced PIDs bogging the refresh rate down CONSIDERABLY.

If you want you can attach one of your logs and I'll check it out for you. If you're feelin crazy I can even check out your config file and make some suggestions and possibly make some changes to it for you. Do you have any of the enhanced versions or are you purely using the Generic OBD-II version?
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »

Thank you midhaven.. I attached one of my log and cfg I always use or should I say when I can use before crashing Angry

* forum conf.cfg (38.72 KB - downloaded 204 times.)
* forum log.lgf (137.36 KB - downloaded 193 times.)
Russ
Community Helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 06:15:44 pm »

Honestly, I haven't heard from any other users that have had crashing issues they feel are caused by our software.
Does your computer crash when you're not using ScanXL? Try un-installing the FTDI driver and ScanXL and see if your computer still crashes.

In most cases we are going to want a tech log.
Don't forget to set debug to lv9 in the help menu, or turn on debugging in DashCommand *before* you try to connect. Duplicate the error, then send the log to support@palmerperformance. Give us 1-2 business days (weekdays) to review the files.
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 06:36:48 pm »

nope.. is only when using your program. The funny thing about the whole thing is that now is not crashing since I went from using 12-14 generic sae pid's to now only 5. but I guess only the time will tell. How can I

I have a question..

Why when datalogging, does my rpm come up as duplicate but the rpm timestamp and frametime (ms) does not match the duplicate rpm? For an example, when the rpm come out duplicate shouldn't the rpm time frame also come out as duplicate?

Also, how can I stop from my rpm logging duplicates? and what should my baud rate be set at?

85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 02:25:44 pm »

well.. I thought the crashing went away again but I guess not.. is back. It just does it when it wants to and sometimes more often than other. I think this is a problem that alot of windows 7 64 users are experiencing looking at the past threads and not to mention the couple peoples who emailed me privately asking if I found a fix for it yet.

I think you guys need to look into this and figure out why some of us are experiencing crashing and some not. All you guys are saying is that this crashing has nothing to do with your software but I think it does. I dont care if there are only 1 or 100 peoples who are having issues, I think you guys need to come through and provide some support. My money dont grow on tree sadly.
Russ
Community Helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 10:57:02 am »

I think you guys need to look into this and figure out why some of us are experiencing crashing and some not. All you guys are saying is that this crashing has nothing to do with your software but I think it does. I dont care if there are only 1 or 100 peoples who are having issues, I think you guys need to come through and provide some support. My money dont grow on tree sadly.

I just remembered that the bluescreen should say which file caused the problem. Something like there was an exception in "file.dll"
next time you get a crash write down this info and give us detailed information on what the bluescreen says caused the problem. Without details we're in the dark about your issue.

Usually crashes are caused by drivers, faulty RAM, system overheating, or a power supply that can't meet the demands of the computer. Use memtest86, make sure your computer heat sinks are clean, and the fans are functional, update all the drivers on your computer... if you do these things there is a good chance your computer will work better.

Don't forget to set debug to lv9 in the help menu, or turn on debugging in DashCommand *before* you try to connect. Duplicate the error, then send the log to support@palmerperformance. Give us 1-2 business days (weekdays) to review the files.
85PERCENT

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 11:41:45 am »

Well.. it does no matter now. I just returned my windows 7 netbook and purchased an older windows xp sp2 netbook and now it work like a charm.

You guys still think it had nothing to do with windows 7 64bit Huh
Russ
Community Helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 01:10:44 pm »

Well.. it does no matter now. I just returned my windows 7 netbook and purchased an older windows xp sp2 netbook and now it work like a charm.

You guys still think it had nothing to do with windows 7 64bit Huh

I run Win7 64 bit and don't have an issue. Chances are that it had something to do with that specific netbook you were using.

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: