Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 15, 2017, 01:09:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does scanxl support Single-Wire CAN for newer GM cars?  (Read 3250 times)
5thElement

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2011, 02:11:29 pm »

Does scanxl support Single-Wire CAN for newer GM cars? I purchased a Single-Wire CAN adapter and I cant find any options to connect to the single-wire can network for my 2009 Malibu using scanxl. I bought the GM Enhanced add-on also.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 02:45:29 pm »

ScanXL itself does support SW-CAN, but it checks that the interface supports it. If you just select a module to connect to that uses SW-CAN, ScanXL will automatically try to connect on SW-CAN.

Many companies make J2534 compliant interfaces that support SW-CAN.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:01:27 pm by Weston@PPE » Logged
5thElement

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:06:31 pm »

Right, I tried to connect to the Restraints Control Module, which Im assuming is the airbag module, but it states something about not being able to connect due to some kind of protocol issue.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:33:12 am »

What interface are you using?
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 04:03:05 pm »

It sounds like you need to go into your OBD-II settings and selected the correct interface type to correspond with which specific interface you are attempting to use. For example: When using any sort of J2534, you will need to select "J2534" from the Interface Type dropdown. If you are using an ELM interface then you will of course need to select "ELM" from the Interface Type dropdown, so on a so forth.

If I am misunderstandthing the question then I appologize, however this seems to be the issue you are running into at this point
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: