Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 19, 2017, 10:17:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All values show up as metric instead of standard  (Read 6564 times)
ottovonmerz

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:52:01 pm »

Just got scanxl and my obdlink in the mail today...AWESOME! Great tool! However, I have one glitch. Under unit and format settings, everything is marked standard (mph, Farenheit, etc...). But when I view live data everything is showing up metric (km/h, celsius, etc...).

Any ideas?
ottovonmerz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 12:30:21 am »

bump
MidHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:20:47 pm »

Just got scanxl and my obdlink in the mail today...AWESOME! Great tool! However, I have one glitch. Under unit and format settings, everything is marked standard (mph, Farenheit, etc...). But when I view live data everything is showing up metric (km/h, celsius, etc...).

Any ideas?

Go into the <settings> tab, then <PID Config> With "all" catagory, type and manufacter selected, click "select all", then click "English". This will format every available PID to standard English. Hope this helps.
tony_g

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:58:00 pm »

Just changing the PID's isn't going to change your default dashboards.  You have to select each gauge and graph to reset them to english then you yave to save that configuration!  Don't know why they set this product up in Metric.
Russ
Community Helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 09:04:05 pm »

The USA is one of the very few places that don't use the metric system. We do have a large number of international customers also, so setting everything to either Imperial or Metric by default is going to be inconvenient for somebody.

In most cases we are going to want a tech log.
Don't forget to set debug to lv9 in the help menu, or turn on debugging in DashCommand *before* you try to connect. Duplicate the error, then send the log to support@palmerperformance. Give us 1-2 business days (weekdays) to review the files.
MxPilot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 02:40:56 pm »

Speaking on similar issue, is there a way to display fuel economy as KM/L to make comparision with the OBTC display.
Any plans to include this as an option on Units in Dash Command?
Best regards
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 05:12:48 pm »

You can already set this as L/100KM
Cypherdude

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:54:43 am »

Any ideas?
Go into the <settings> tab, then <PID Config> With "all" catagory, type and manufacter selected, click "select all", then click "English". This will format every available PID to standard English. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to change all the Data View fields to English instead of Metric.

However, this does not work for Graphs.  The default Graph is metric.  The file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\ScanXLStd\vdash\metric_graphs.vdl".  ScanXLStd seems to have this name hard coded into the EXE.  I searched several times in the Registry.  Although there is a Registry entry which says "C:\Program Files (x86)\ScanXLStd\vdash\english_graphs.vdl", ScanXLStd does not seem to obey this.

I thought perhaps there was a mistake with the files so I did a Windows file compare:
FC/B metric_graphs.vdl english_graphs.vdl

But no, the files are different.  I tried several different ways to make ScanXLStd load an English Graph but nothing worked.  This seems to be a bug in ScanXLStd.  Finally I gave up and simply changed the name of "metric_graphs.vdl" to "metric_graphs-org.vdlorg", made a copy of "english_graphs.vdl" and changed the copy's name to "metric_graphs.vdl".

It's messy, but it works.  If I have any problems I'll change the names back.  I may use Sysinternals Process Monitor to see what Registry entries ScanXLStd is trying to load but that will take all day.  Perhaps there is a Registry entry missing and ScanXLStd simply loads the default Graph.  There might also be an INI file somewhere.  If I find anything, I'll post it here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:21:00 am by Cypherdude » Logged
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 11:39:13 am »

You should be able to right-click on any graph and go to the settings for that graph (you can also push the small black box in the top right corner). From there you can select which units you'd like for each PID on a graph. You can also save/load graph files using the small folder and floppy disc icons near the top of the Graphs tab (they usually end up right below the Diagnostics tab).

Graphs do not follow the unit settings from the PID Config, they each have their own.
makza

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 01:20:05 am »

Hello!! I went to the site for the first time. I strongly advice    Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: