Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 01:05:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New user need set up help  (Read 2959 times)
ebigg

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2011, 06:27:03 pm »

I have most of the settings figured out but there are some that I just couldn't get a google response on. My car is a 2006 Honda Accord VP. These are the settings I'm having problems with:

MAF PID
MAP PID
Lambda (actual) PID
Lambda (commanded) PID

For wheel circumference, I have 15" wheels, do I use the circumference of that?

On final drive ratios I want to make sure I did this right. Below are my gear ratios I took each gear ratio except reverse and multiplied it times the final gear ratio and then put that numbers in like this 11.76;6.75;4.62;3.28;2.53

First Gear Ratio (:1): 3.27

Second Gear Ratio (:1): 1.77

Third Gear Ratio (:1): 1.15

Fourth Gear Ratio (:1): 0.87

Fifth Gear Ratio (:1): 0.66

Reverse Ratio (:1): 3.58

Final Drive Axle Ratio (:1): 4.39

I don't know what to put for "Shift Point" It is a Automatic Trans but I do shift alot like manual with gears 1 thur 3 and then D3 to Drive.

Volumetric efficiency and tire rolling resistance coefficient are two others that I didn't know for sure what to put except for the what the program suggested as good sarting point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric
ebigg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:09:12 am »

I should also mention that I'm using a Elm327 Bt dongle and a Droid X with latest Android 2.3.3 software
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »

If the following are blank, then we determine the best value. These should usually be left blank. In very rare cases, uses have external sensors and they want to use the sensor values rather than standard OBD-II values:
MAF PID
MAP PID
Lambda (actual) PID
Lambda (commanded) PID

15 inches would be the diameter. You should enter the circumference, which you probably already know but just in case, means to measure how large the wheel is all the way around, on the outside of the wheel.

Final Drive Ratio and Shift Point and Minimum/Maximum Engine Speed should be left blank for automatic transmission.

Volumetric Efficiency and Tire Rolling Resistance Coefficent can be left blank. These are pretty hard to determine usually and DashCommand uses a default value which should be fairly accurate for most vehicles.
ebigg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:20:17 am »

Ok thanks, a couple more questions, for max engine speed do you put the max rpm or the redline point on the tach? My Accord goes up to 160 mph the tach goes to 8000 rpm but redlines at 6000.

I left those fields blank on your advice, and when I looked at the console there were all sorts of errors on those specific PIDs saying the PIDs were invalid. Also the fuel tank is not showing any data on how much fuel is in the tank. It is also running very slow to update the screen with speed and RPM
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:07:01 pm »

Use the redline.

The errors in the console are not a problem. And the fuel tank is supported on a vehicle by vehicle basis. It depends on what is reported over your OBD-II port. It sounds like your vehicle does not report that.

As far as the slowness, my first recommendation would be to turn off the persistent PIDs in the settings. However those are important for trip calculations, so that will not be available if you turn them off.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: