Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 17, 2017, 08:25:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoPoint Bluetooth module  (Read 34516 times)
VegasNateG8

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:34:02 pm »

Will DashCommand(For Iphone) be updated with the ability to use the new bluetooth OBDII module?

I think this will solve my project issue we discussed.

Nate
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 09:52:05 am »

We haven't seen this yet. There is a good chance we will try to add support, but we don't have any official plans at this point.

Have you used it? How well does it work?
More_Torque_More_HP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 09:31:34 am »

I talked to a person in your booth at SEMA and was told it was compatible.  I just purchased the GoPoint BT1 and it doesn't work with Dash Command.  When will it be supported or have I wasted my money on Dash Command?

Your December 1st update says thatv2.9.1 will allow you to select a Blue Tooth input device.  How do you do that and will it work for the GoPoint BT1 & IPhone/iPad?

They are now for sale at Radio Shack & Walmart (GoPoint BT1 for the iPhone, iPad & iPod)
We haven't seen this yet. There is a good chance we will try to add support, but we don't have any official plans at this point.

Have you used it? How well does it work?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:24:00 pm by John@PPE » Logged
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:44:27 pm »

That 2.9.1 update was for Android, it doesn't apply to iOS.

We are ready and eager to support the BT1, and we are currently talking to GoPoint about it. I would expect it in the next release.
plfinch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:42:36 pm »

Any update on this? Foolish me. Had the GL1 and bought the BT1 to get rid of the cable dangling by my legs and simplify moving between vehicles. Just assumed Dash Command would work with the BT1. Heck, GoPoint's own mpgLink app doesn't even work with the BT1. Suggest the rest of you wait on a BT1 purchase for now until there are useful apps that work with it...

Peter
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 07:02:12 pm »

We'll be supporting this in our next release. I don't have a specific date, but I am hopeful it will be this month.
VegasNateG8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 10:17:51 pm »

This makes me very very happy! Grin
VegasNateG8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 01:22:01 pm »

I need to get in contact with you guys about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMjhwdUJ2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMjhwdUJ2I
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »

Just to let you know, I am also interested in Dashcommand when it supports the GoPoint BT module. I have been using this module along with a jailbroken app that allows for multiple BT connections and data streams simultaneously. Apple and there IOS doesn't do the best job of this.

Looking forward to the next release and support for it. Any Idea on when?  Has this been solidified with GoPoint and is definitely a done deal?

Thanks

03Terminator
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 05:05:47 pm »

Support is a done deal. It's been added to our app. We are just waiting for Apple to approve our release, which should be any day now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:28:20 pm by John@PPE » Logged
plfinch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »

Wow! Great job! DashCommand on iPhone 4s works easily and seamlessly with BT1 module. Did not have to configure or change anything - even auto-connected on startup. Very nice. (Assuming you already had the GoPoint BT1 app already talking to the BT1 module.)

applause applause

(GoPoint's own mpgLink STILL doesn't work wth BT1 and they aren't approving any posts in their forum since November so my complaints never showed up.)

Peter
Sashik259

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 12:24:16 pm »

plfinch,
What car did you test it with?
VegasNateG8

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 12:46:12 pm »

I tested out the BT1 with DashCommand on my Ipad. It worked well! I suggest using a really awesome dash skin like the Demon 8 Designs Driver Interface! Grin Grin Grin
plfinch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 02:37:46 pm »

Sashik259:

2000 Dodge Dakota
2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 Honda Odyssey

I had previously used DashCommand and the GoPoint GL1 cable with all 3 vehicles so all were already configured in DashCommand on my iPhone. Not sure why but I did have to "Validate PIDs" once with the BT1 for each vehicle to get some of the values to display that were previously working with the GL1 cable.

Peter
plfinch

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »

One other note... If you are using the BT1 and want to pull fault codes with DashCommand without starting the engine (or if you are unable to start the engine), turn the ignition on before connecting the BT1, same procedure as with the GL1 cable.

Peter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: