Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 11, 2017, 07:43:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VIN Corruption  (Read 3849 times)
03Terminator

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2012, 07:49:37 pm »

Hey all,

I just downloaded the app and paired it up with the BT1 from Go Point.  I am happy to report that I do not have the issues with lag. I actually did until I created a vehicle profile for my Cobra. Once created and revalidated the PIDs, the lag was gone for me.

However, I am having an issue with the VIN read part. I allowed it to auto populate the VIN. It did. I used it, work like a charm.
Used it a few hours later, re-connected, upon connection it gave the message that the VIN didn't match what was in the for the car selected.  I only have 1 car in the DB.  I looked at the VIN and the first 3 letters are now repeated in position 4,5,6 and then part of the end is also repeated so the whole VIN is wrong.

So I deleted the VIN and put it in manually. Restarted and reconnected. Same error message.

Deleted vehicle. Restarted phone, recreated Vehicle entry, which BTW is a pain once you have all the data in the profile....just sayin..

I let it find it put the VIN in there automatically, and checked it. I checked it against the VIN PLATE and TITLE and a handheld programmer... all Matched.

Added back my data and verified pids. Quit the application, restarted, reconnected, same error. Checked VIN and it was munged up again.

Ideas???

All in all, I am happy with the application and the BT1. I am geting all the data I need and I am displaying it on my Pioneer Z130BT with the pioneer cable and the Cydia app that puts it out to video. No Component or composite cable from apple need and it isn't even an "APPRADIO"

Thanks,

03Terminator
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

I'm glad the BT1 is working for you.

I haven't seen that VIN corruption happen before.

What is the correct VIN? What is the munged VIN?

Are there any other fields that are getting corrupted? Or is it just the VIN?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:03:51 am »

Can you give us any more information? What type of vehicle is it, model year, things like that.

Also, can you get us a few tech logs of this? I'd like to be able see what data is being sent between the software and the vehicle. This might help us determine whether the problem is coming from the vehicle, or if its being caused somewhere else in DashCommand. To get a tech log, fully close and restart DashCommand (if you have iOS 4.0 or later, you'll need to double-press the Home button and close DashCommand). Then start DashCommand and go to the Console > Debugging Options, and Enable Debug. Now create a new vehicle (you don't need to delete your old one), connect,  and read the VIN. Go back to the Console > Debugging Options, and select Email Tech Log. Do this again a second time to reproduce the "bad" VIN problem also. You can email them to yourself and attach them to your next post.
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:37:39 pm »

I got it. I will do this tomorrow. Went out of town to florida. As far as the vehicle, it is a 2003 Ford Cobra.

The corruption as I call is like this. 

The vin starts off 1fafp48y33fxxxxxx where x is the last six digits. This is correct in dash command after the first time it read it.

Then after the error, the vin displayed looked like this 1fa1fap48y48yxxxx where x was more of the same not the last 6 digits. The vin always truncated at 17 like it should but the vin repeated sections on its own.

I will send the logs as soon as I get home.

Richard aka 03 Terminator

John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:55:16 pm »

Richard. Did you get those logs put together?

Also. What phone do you have?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:43:05 am by John@PPE » Logged
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:20 pm »

iPhone 4s. I will send them up tomorrow. Been under the weather.
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 08:01:19 pm »

I sent several to you trying several scenarios. I hope I did it right.

In all cases the vin got messed up.

Each email briefly describes what I tried.

03terminator
Cody@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 09:43:01 am »

I have a 2001 Cobra and the BT1 won't even read my VIN.  It seems it is consistent to the type of PCM.  We are looking into what is happening, I emailed you about getting us a debug log so we can determine if it is the BT1 corrupting it or the vehicle is sending a corrupt VIN.
Thanks
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 10:39:58 am »

Another note on this, Cody's 2001 reports the VIN correctly with the OBDLink WiFi. It seems to be a BT1 issue, we're looking into it more to see if there is anything we can do.

Fortunately, the VIN has absolutely nothing to do with how DashCommand handles different vehicles, or what data is reported. You should be able to use DashCommand without losing any features (other than the VIN showing wrong).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: