Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:22:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Correction - Need info  (Read 2841 times)
03Terminator

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »

I would like to know, if you any of you use speed correction and if so, what is the largest value you have input. The problem I am having is that regardless of what speed correction value I put in, it doesn't seem to work. I am baseing this on viewing PID's
in real time not what is displayed in a skin.  I am monitoring SAE.VSS and CALC.VSS_C.

Scenario: I have a vehicle that the in dash speedometer reads 10mph when the GPS is reporting 42. It reads 20mph when I am doing 84mph by GPS. So I did the math and my correction factor should be 4.2.  Can't get it to work!!!

When I leave the Speed Correction empty, SAE.VSS and CALC.VSS_C read the same, as it should be. When I put in a value of 1.0 in the Speed correction entry, it should and does read the same on both PIDS. When I put a value of .50 in Speed Correction I should get a reading on CALC.VSS_C that is half (50%) of SAE.VSS and I do.

Now in my implementation, I have the need to correct the speed by a factor of 4.2. When I put that in the speed correction entry, I get both PIDS to read the same as if I had left it blank or set it to one.  Is there a max correction value that will be interpreted?

I would, If I had an android just script it out, but unfortunately for me, it is running on an iOS device, so no scripts allowed.

So what is the highest value anyone has used? Maybe the developer can answer the question...is there a max correction number?

Secondly, in an effort to make sure it is not related to my iphone or my BT1, would someone be willing to edit their Speed Correction and put in a value of 4.2 and see what happens to your speed.

I have read where there was few skins that incorrectly referenced the wrong PID, but I am getting the values from DATA LOGGING,  bypassing any skin interpretation.

If you are asking why anyone would need a correction factor of 4.2, well that is another story. Smiley

I really need to figure this out.  And if I have the speed correction wrong then please let me know that too.

PS, I revalidate the PIDS everytime I change the correction value.

Nacman
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 04:25:26 pm »

You shouldn't need to revalidate the PIDs after changing your vehicle settings. Simple reconnecting to the vehicle once should do it (or just make changes while you aren't connected).

I have looked up the code for the speed correction factor, and there is a soft limit of 2.0. Its seeing your 4.2 and just ignoring it. It should be a pretty simple to raise this limit, but you'd need to wait until the next release.
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:16:41 pm »

You shouldn't need to revalidate the PIDs after changing your vehicle settings. Simple reconnecting to the vehicle once should do it (or just make changes while you aren't connected).

I have looked up the code for the speed correction factor, and there is a soft limit of 2.0. Its seeing your 4.2 and just ignoring it. It should be a pretty simple to raise this limit, but you'd need to wait until the next release.

I can be totally patient if you could get in the next release.
If it isn't too much to ask, can I ask that the soft limit be raised to at least 5

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:36:04 pm by 03Terminator » Logged
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:50:15 pm »

We have removed the soft limit, next update should get everything working for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: