Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 14, 2017, 04:55:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IPhone 4S and DashCommand 3.0.0 with YouTube video  (Read 6074 times)
03Terminator

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:34:05 pm »

Hi everyone,

I have had dashcommand now since January 2012. I have had a few issues with it, but the biggest issue was the speed correction. As promised they allowed for any value to be input into that field. The only other issue I have is dashcommand doesn't read my vin correctly which was a headache because it would pop up a warning every time after the initial programming in the vehicle manager that the vin didn't match. The BT1 app reads the vin fine. But, I figured out a workaround, and that was to turn on mode 09 support after the initial connect, and it never pops up the warming message any longer.

I consider these minor issues, and it is doing what I wanted it to do in the first place, and that was to output to my radio nav head in the car.  I have prepared a YouTube video of it in action. The auto reconnect feature works well.  

The only feature I don't like in this version, is once it is connect to my Z130BT I get the accessory screen and I can't access other screens any longer once it is connected. Can there be a fix for that?

Video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiyeQCdQaf8&list=UUrIH8tOwcA-zIZxeCbGnv7Q&index=1&feature=plcp

03Terminator
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:35:48 pm by 03Terminator » Logged
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:17:34 am »

Hey nice video.

I thought this was the Pioneer "App Radio." But you mention it is the Z130BT. So is that pre-"App Radio?"

I'm assuming they are different. If you had the App Radio then you would be able to push the buttons on the radio unit itself. But the unit you have doesn't pass along touches, so it would make sense that you need it on the phone. I'll have to ask about this tomorrow.

But can you confirm whether I am correct on the hardware?
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:05:35 am »

This is Pioneer's APP MODE. Version 2.0 of App Mode as I understand it would in fact allow me to push the buttons on this head unit. This is not to be confused with the HARDWARE device Pioneer sells called APP-RADIO ( I think I mistated it as appradio in my video).  I am betting something in the Headunit has some code or firmware your app is seeing and it it telling DC this is an APP RADIO, which it is not.

This actually might be something that you REALLY want to look into, as now I know there is no way to get back to the DC screens once it is connected.
Hopefully with all the coding that you guys did on this version, this is fixable or at least possibly able to be bypassed.  As i said in the video, I was already outputting video to my head unit using TV-OUT on a jailbroken iphone. I tested your app on my wifes iphone which is not jailbroken just to make sure it acted the same, and it did. Can't get to any screens once it is connected to my head unit.

03Terminator
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:09:51 am »

Okay. This sounds like the same issue other people are reporting with connecting to a USB port then. I'll take a look today. Thanks.
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:27:50 am »

Look at page 217 for the BRIEF explanation of APPS for this head unit.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-Z130BT_OperationManual071211.pdf

03Terminator
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 02:34:56 pm »

Since this isn't an App Radio, there is no way to get touches working. Unfortunately the iOS doesn't allow us to do av/out while mirroring on the main screen. So it is pretty much impossible for us to accomodate what you want to do.

So what we are tentatively planning to do is to place a button on the AV/out screen that would allow you to disconnect from the AV/out. This would basically get you back to the way it was working in the last version of the app.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:45:07 pm »

Since this isn't an App Radio

What John means is that your specific head unit doesn't support "Advanced App Mode". Pioneer has a few different "App" features, and the basic "App Mode" just means it has Pandora support and A/V in, it doesn't have the full functionality of the App Radio -- which is called "Advaced App Mode". Its a little bit confusing, but DashCommand should work out-of-the-box, touches included, with any Pioneer head unit that supports Advanced App Mode. These are the only 3 I'm aware of that aren't branded as an App Radio which support Advanced App Mode:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z140BH
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-X940BT
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P8400BH

If you have any input on exactly how you'd like this to work let us know, we're open to suggestions. We are currently planning (like John said) to place a button on the A/V Out screen that allows you to disconnect. We are also considering adding a setting which would completely disable A/V Out, so that it never shows up at all.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:48:05 pm by Weston@PPE » Logged
03Terminator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 05:10:31 pm »

Well, a button to get you out of AV out would be good.  I can add that in 2.9.3 I was able to still pipe it out to the head unit albeit I had to use a third party app to do it. It looked identical to what I now have with 3.0.0 and not using the third party app. Obviously, that third party app was for Jail broken phones and you guys can't support every configuration so it is best to stick with non JB iphone/ipads. That said, if you DID place an option to totally disable it then those of use with JB idevices could choose between using the onscreen disconnect button or disabling it all together.

Does that make sense?

I appreciate the time you guys are taking on this to think it out.  Unlike other folks, I am patient as it pertains to changes, upgrades and simply keeping up with apple on software/hardware upgrades. I think the app is pricey but still worth it in the end. BTW the speed correction WORKS at 4.2  LOL !!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: