Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 11:42:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elm 327 Wi-Fi can't connect with DashCommand  (Read 50023 times)
CEk

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:55 am »

So I just bought an Elm 327 Wi-Fi interface moduls but I can't connect it to DashCommand in my iPhone/iPad. Anyone know why or how to?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:52:14 am »

Sure. What device exactly is it, and what have you tried so far?
CEk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:57:48 am »

I have the Elm327 WiFi OBD 2 Car Diagnostic Reader Scanner with wireless for iPhone. I've tried connecting using:
1- Wifi Settings
Search wifi -- Connect to device (SSID: OBDDevice/CLKDevices)
Static Tab -- IP Address: 192.168.0.123 -- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

2- Software Settings
Open Software (your iOS sofware (ex: Rev DashCommand, FuzzyCar ))
Settings: Interface type : ELM -- Data Port : tcp://192.168.0.10:35000

But it still can't connect, just says it can't find OBD2 protocol. Tried both with my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Even on an Android (Samsung Galaxy S3) but that one can't even find the wifi device.

Sure. What device exactly is it, and what have you tried so far?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:48 pm »

Can you please tell me what you have entered for the OBD-II interface type, and the OCD-II data port? These are in the settings for DashCommand.

Also, what year and model is your car?
CEk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 04:15:46 pm »

OBD-II Input Type is "Elm" and the data port is right now "tcp://192.168.0.10:35000". Tried with "Auto" as well but still no luck. All I get is "Error detecting OBD-II protocol."
My car is a 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Can you please tell me what you have entered for the OBD-II interface type, and the OCD-II data port? These are in the settings for DashCommand.

Also, what year and model is your car?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:04:59 pm »

Okay. I am not actually familiar with this hardware. I am assuming it should work, because the description says it is compatible with DashCommand.

You might try changing the static IP to 192.168.0.11, and then set the data port back to AUTO. This works for the PLX devices, which may or may not be different than this. Our instructions for the PLX are here: http://www.palmerperformance.com/download/docs/DashCommand_WiFi_Setup_Guide.pdf

If that fails, we'll have to get a tech log emailed to our tech support. Instructions for this are stickied on this forum.
CEk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 05:19:35 am »

Suddenly it started working. Though on my iPad DashCommand is really slow after it has connected. It kinda freezes. On my iPhone 4 it flows nicely so it's really weird that the iPad 2 (which is a faster device) doesn't run the app smoothly.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 11:22:24 am »

Okay that is odd on both accounts.

The iPad two has pretty good performance in all of our tests, and I haven't heard of any user complaints before on it.

What screen is freezing on you? Is it plugged into any accessories?

Also, what version of DashCommand are you running?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:40:03 am by John@PPE » Logged
natey.j80

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 05:28:13 am »

Are you sure its not the actual ELM327 device?

ive just had my delivered from China and at first it worked perfectly and now its suddenly died! hopefully another one is on its way.

are you connecting to your device first via Wi-fi? does it pop up in the available wi-fi list? if so then you need to press > and manually enter in a static IP address as outlined in its documentation.
KEVINWARNER

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 07:09:57 am »

Hello.
Just spent a day plus a tech guy from work spent andother day trying to get my I PHONE to connect to my CLK device, we changed everything and tried all combinations of data ( reading advice from others with similar problems )......still won't work ! When it does connect it won't read anything. Tried in boat, 550M, M3, 330D, DS3 etc
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 09:34:58 am »

The trick with the CLK devices is to set the ip address correctly. If you post a screenshot of your iPhone settings for the CLK connection I can take a look.

But if you are confident that you set everything up correctly, it could be a bad device.
Martin SA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 02:50:04 am »

Hi, I've got the same problem, I can't connect to my vehicles either. I've tried the static IP and even changed it to .12 because I'm not sure if it's a Chinese ELM327. Both my vehicles are OBD2 compliant (Toyota Hilux KZ-TE and Toyota Auris XI). The device did work on another app but since it was a demo thing I only got battery voltage. Any ideas?

The debug says that device ELM327 is found and than an error detecting obd2 protocol.

UPDATE:
The Toyota Auris is connecting fine now (did not alter ip settings to static etc). The Hilux still does not connect but connects to other apps where I can read most parameters now.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:38:17 am by Martin SA » Logged
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 11:05:48 am »

What error are you seeing on the Hilux? Is it the error detecting OBD-II protocol?

First thing to try is our troubleshooting guide: http://www.palmerperformance.com/download/docs/DashCommand_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

This guide has some suggestions for the error you are seeing.

Also, make sure you've turned on the ignition. If the ignition is not on you might see this error.

If you still cannot make it work, we'll try a next step.
Martin SA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 12:06:01 pm »

Hi John,

The error is can't detect obd2 protocol. I have emailed a debug report to tech support Saturday. All other apps detect the vehicle and give me lots of parameters. The vehicle (2002 Toyota Hilux KZTE) is like the Tacoma, but a diesel but it's not in your list. Toyota here in South Africa tells me that the vehicle is OBDII compliant. I will email the techlog to you, should there be any specific "subject" so you know it came from me?

I tested the ELM327 on two other vehicles (Toyota Auris and Ford Ka) and it works just fine (both cars are not listed in your app, I inserted both VIN numbers also). Another question: Toyota has an injector test that can be done on the Hilux D4D (models 2005 and upwards), is there any chance you can incorporate that in the app?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 04:21:39 pm »

Okay. I will check with my support guys. You should receive a response from them.

We do not have any plans to add an injector test at this time. But when our support emails you back, you might ask them about it.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: