Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 18, 2017, 03:38:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AEM Failsafe W/B 02...how to connect to computer for logging?  (Read 2908 times)
1.8t

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:07:41 am »

This guage has an analog out wire(and ground) for logging, but how do I go about connect this to my laptop?  What can I wire this into that will allow connection with my laptop via USB or serial port?

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideband-air-fuel-systems-15/wideband-failsafe-gauge-84/

Really appreciate any help.
Cody@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:29:17 am »

You need to get it connected to the computer with a USB connection.  Then in OBD-II Settings of ScanXL, you can select an AUX input and you can select the COM port that AUX input is using.  In the PID config, you will be able to select AEM PIDs to monitor and your wideband will be displayed.
1.8t

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:43:01 am »

That is my question though, the output for logging is an analog 2 wire configuration. The 0-5v wire and a black ground wire. Do I have to wire these into some type of adapter and then have the USB connect between that adapter and the PC(This is my question as I don't know)?  How do I do this?  I don't have any issues selecting the AEM in the software, I just don't know how to physically get the w/b hooked up to the PC for logging.
1.8t

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 12:07:00 pm »

I need something like this to make the connection http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-obdii-cables/details/34/1/performance-vehicle-pc-diagnostic-interfaces/evoscan-usb-dlp-io8-8-channel-0-5v-input
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: