Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 16, 2018, 07:59:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashcommand + ELM Bluetooth disconnect after a few seconds  (Read 10285 times)
fabsen

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:18:58 am »

Hi,

Dashcommand keeps on disconnecting after about 1-2 minutes. And it does not retry (retry is set to 30sec). I can recconect using "connection button" without problems, but after a few seconds of reading it disconnects again. I tested the adapter with other tools working like a charm (but looking bad...). Is there anything I can try/do?

Things I tried:
- Changed bluetooth settings to "always visible" on my tablet
- Changed connection mode to "bluetooth" (not auto) in dashcommand

Best Regards.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 10:50:39 am »

Try setting your KWP/ISO Keep Alive value lower. There is a minimum setting of 1000. This value is in the OBD-II section of the Vehicle Manager.

If it still disconnects, please send us a techlog: http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=4665.0
fabsen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:39:43 am »

I tried to set the KWP/ISO Keep Alive value to 1000. It doesn't change anything. I also attached the techlog and sent it to support@palmerperformance.com.

Note: There is no vehicle set because I also upgraded firmware on device and did a fresh install of dashcommand to ensure it's no device problem.

Best Regards.

* techlog.tr (1877.96 KB - downloaded 145 times.)
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »

Okay. I'll take a look at the log. I'll post something back on Monday.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 01:53:31 pm »

It appears from your techlog that the hardware is failing to send us any data. It works fine as you say for a bit, then we don't get any data.

If this is a cheap hardware device, I'd recommend just grabbing another cheap device.

The reason why some of the other apps might work is they are more patient with data. So there could be data coming, but DashCommand stops looking after a reasonable amount of time. Some of these other apps might wait longer for the data.
fabsen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »

I use this adapter with dashcommand on my smartphone and it works fine. On the other hand I use any other OBD live tool on my tablet with this adapter and it also works fine. But dashcommand on my tablet doesn't work.

So:
Bluetooth Adapter + Smartphone + Any live data tool = OK
Bluetooth Adapter + Smartphone + Dashcommand = OK
Bluetooth Adapter + Tablet + Any live data tool = OK
Bluetooth Adapter + Tablet + Dashcommand = FAIL

I will try to set up a wired OBD connection without bluetooth. But it's just for testing purpose because we need the USB-Connection for DC-Power in car.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 03:58:24 pm »

That sounds bizarre. What OBD-II adapter are you using?
fabsen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 04:36:16 pm »

It's an OBD2 "OBD Scan" v1.5 Bluetooth adapter based on ELM327.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 03:35:20 pm »

We've done a little extra testing today but really cannot find any clues to what could be wrong with your setup. It's pretty odd that it works on your phone, but not your tablet. And that other apps work with both.

It sounds like better hardware would solve your issue, but I can't say for sure because I don't even have a theory as to why your phone works.

The one poor idea I have is to unpair the device from your phone before connecting to the tablet. Is it possible the phone is somehow interfering?
scottbaer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 02:53:22 pm »

I just bought dash command the other day. I am using a 3GS jailbroken iphone with mini elm 327 on BT. (Blue one on eBay)
I expiernece the dropout too. It only stays conneced 10-20 seconds after connecting to Dash command.
When i go  back into  royq it has already lost the bluetooth connection. I have to re-establish the BT server.
Reading these threads dash command is causing it.  We are not stupid.   I am going to try another BT elm327 dongle from eBay. Maybe try a wireless one too.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 06:52:57 pm »

To say that DashCommand is causing the disconnect is pretty unfair, unless you can actually have more information than the rest of us. We don't claim to support Roqy, but we have tested it and we have not seen any failures in our tests. The creator of Roqy has also tested DashCommand and gotten it to work.

Lots of people have gotten it to work. There are also a lot of people having issues. But we've been unable to pinpoint the problem, and so we are unable to resolve it. Roqy isn't actually our software, so it would be difficult for us to debug this issue, especially without having a failing test case here in our lab.
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 11:20:08 am »

When i go  back into  royq it has already lost the bluetooth connection. I have to re-establish the BT server.

You've said right there that DashCommand is NOT the only software losing connection. We treat it as a normal WiFi / TCP interface, we don't touch anything related to Bluetooth in any way. If Roqy lost the connection, please go talk to them for support.
scottbaer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 12:09:06 pm »

I ordered an ELM wireless OBDII and it stays connected forever.
The Roqy seems to be an issue with the elm bluetooth devices.
I am trying to contact Roqy directly through his website, but haven't had any luck.

Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 12:06:59 pm »

I'm glad to hear you got this sorted out, let us know if you have any other trouble.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: