Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 11, 2017, 05:27:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calibration For Fiat 500 Turbo  (Read 2462 times)
500T2NV

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2013, 03:06:29 pm »

I'm sure I might be the only one on here with a Fiat 500 Turbo. There is a lot of speculation on different Fiat boards about the HP/Torque ratings I am getting. Here is the Trip Summary log. Since I do have a Intake/ Exhaust (with no muffler)/91 Octane this is what I am getting knowing that a stock 500 Turbo is 135 hp and 150 lb-ft of Torque. According to my log I am getting 198 hp 185 tq. Does this seem correct or am I doing something wrong..... In my opinion I think most to all of the Abarth guys are just jealous cause I'm make more power than them...LOL

John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »

I'm probably not a good person to ask whether your power numbers are accurate. The power/torque calculations in DashCommand are pretty accurate, but they are calculations and not directly reported from the ECU.

The calculations depend quite a bit on your brake specific fuel consumption in the vehicle settings. As long as that is correctly set, the calculations should be pretty close.

Anyways maybe somebody else will give you better feedback on this. Just my two cents.
500T2NV

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:38:52 pm »

John that is fair enough... I appreciate your insight, and thanks for the feedback. 
Cody@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »

For a turbo car, you need to adjust the BSFC in the vehicle manager to ~.55 .  That should make your numbers closer for the turbo car
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:23:03 am by Cody@PPE » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: