Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:11:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PIDs Available to DashCommand?  (Read 12013 times)
Country John

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2008, 01:48:52 am »

Hello and thanks for a very cool program. Are there restrictions on the PIDs acessible to DashCommand or is the whole list available? If not, is there a listing of available parameters?
Thanks again
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:09:30 am »

All of the PIDs in PCMSCAN are available to DashCommand except for the aux input and script PIDs. So basically, all of the SAE.xxx PIDs are available to DashCommand.
Country John

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 06:16:05 pm »

Hard to believe a year has gone by ....  sheesh, ehere does the time go?

My 99 Crown Vic has a Ford PID list that has items I want to monitor on Dashcommand, for example "transmission fluid temp."  These obviously are not generic PID's. 

Do I understand correctly that ONLY the generic PID's can be read and the Ford PID list cannot?

Thanks

Edit:

I think my question was answered by http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1018.0 so please confirm the above anyway if you don't mind!  thx
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:28:00 pm by Country John » Logged
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:16:20 pm »

To my knowledge the enhanced diagnostics are only available in our ScanXL line of products. This would mean that FORD.xxx pids would not be available in PCMSCAN or DashCommand and are only available for ScanXL if you purchase the enhanced diagnostics add on.
TS4x2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14:15 pm »

Is it possible to specify the specific PID's to read from the ECU and does dashcommand request mode 06 pids.

if you can brief, Whats the behaviour when dashcommand is connecting.

thanks
Lukeyson
Entomoligcal Toxopholist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 05:38:46 pm »

The ideal location for adding a 'Custom PID' feature is within 'PID Config'. At the moment the current non-customisable implementation of PID-Config is only available within ScanXL. But it makes sense to add a custom-PID capability to this area of the product. DashCommand shares many of the same libraries as ScanXL, so perhaps it wouldn't be hard to add 'PID-Config' to DashCommand too.

However it's implemented, though, hopefully if more people ask for this feature, there might be more reason for Brian and the guys to add it in....

http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1187.0

Luke

If the Human Brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: