Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 14, 2017, 07:25:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: price info  (Read 6998 times)
camaro1

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:49:18 pm »

what will the price be if we already have a pcmscan license?
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »

For existing PCMSCAN customers, if you purchase an enhanced diagnostics add-on (e.g. Ford enhanced diagnostics), we will give you an upgrade to ScanXL for free. That is the only way to get a free upgrade. Other than that, there are no other discounts, so it would be the full price.
camaro1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 01:22:21 pm »

cool, sounds like a good deal, any eta on the gm enhanced software?
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 12:56:44 pm »

No ETA yet, but we are actively working on it.
jimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:51:26 pm »

For existing PCMSCAN customers, if you purchase an enhanced diagnostics add-on (e.g. Ford enhanced diagnostics), we will give you an upgrade to ScanXL for free. That is the only way to get a free upgrade. Other than that, there are no other discounts, so it would be the full price.

I assume this means that if I but the enhanced diagnostic addon for $200 (if the GM is priced the same as the ford) then I get the ScanXL for free, a $99 value? dose the ScanXL software completely replace the PCMscan software?

I too am awaiting the GM addon, I cut my teeth on GM Diagnostics (heck I still have parts of an original CAMs machine around here) I raised my kids on GM diagnostics and I finally retired from it, but I still do warranty inspections and sometimes need verification of failures.

Any chance of a list of exactly what systems will be supported?

will pids from these systems work in dash command also?
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 12:30:57 am »

I assume this means that if I but the enhanced diagnostic addon for $200 (if the GM is priced the same as the ford) then I get the ScanXL for free, a $99 value? dose the ScanXL software completely replace the PCMscan software?

That's correct. You got it!

Any chance of a list of exactly what systems will be supported?

Not yet, we are still working on it, so we won't have a list until we're done.

will pids from these systems work in dash command also?

I'm not sure. We haven't decided if/when DashCommand will receive any enhanced functionality. It would take a lot of work to add it to DashCommand, and the price would definitely go up if we added it.
jimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 01:55:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply

I'm not sure. We haven't decided if/when DashCommand will receive any enhanced functionality. It would take a lot of work to add it to DashCommand, and the price would definitely go up if we added it.

Probably not a whole lot that would be useful from the enhanced stuff but if the body systems are included there could be some interesting uses (in car temp, ambient temp, radio info, tire pressure...ect)
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 04:27:46 pm »

Probably not a whole lot that would be useful from the enhanced stuff but if the body systems are included there could be some interesting uses (in car temp, ambient temp, radio info, tire pressure...ect)

Ah, yes! Things like lateral acceleration on vehicles that support g-force parameters would be pretty cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: