Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
May 22, 2017, 06:22:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashcommand & Mazda Specific PIDs  (Read 8034 times)
infidel

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2014, 07:12:14 am »

I sent an e-mail regarding the problem but i thought i might as well add a post here in case someone else is facing similar problem.

Just bought the specific PIDs for Mazda 2008. I am using a generic Elm wifi dongle with an iphone 4 (ios 7.0.4) and an ipad 2 (ios 7.0.4). The generic PID were and still are working fine. I am not able though to find/use the specific ones. I have uninstalled and installed DC on both devices and recreated the car making sure to select 2008 as year. Still there is no MAZDA category on the PID list. Is there something else i should try?
infidel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:11:38 am »

After some fiddling i managed to solve the mistery. I was selecting a custom "type" during vehicle selection (since mine is 1.8l and DC only has 2.0l version) and that is why it did not show up any Mazda PIDs. I created a default 2.0 vehicle and the PID showed up. Still no fuel level  Embarrassed . Is it so difficult to add it, i just want to calculate distance to empty.
infidel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:53:00 pm »

Here is a pic of the supported PIDs for anyone interested.

John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 02:56:23 pm »

Unfortunately this doesn't help you get distance to empty. DTE is a CALC PID, and the CALC PIDs are not calculated from enhanced data. However we can add this and it is on our list. DTE is a fairly popular PID so I'll try to get this in the next release.
infidel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:16:21 am »

Don't you need the fuel level in order to calculate it? Fuel level is not reported with either the stnandard PID or the Mazda specific ones.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 10:14:31 am »

Yeah you're right. I didn't notice that was missing. Let me get back to you on this tomorrow.
infidel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:31 am »

Looking forward for your answer! thank you
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 12:36:05 pm »

Looks like we left the fuel level out of our PID list as an oversight. We'll add it into our next release, so if you've already purchased the PID package it will be available.
infidel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 02:11:55 am »

Is the Mazda fuel level added on the new release? I did not have time to connect to my car, but browsing through all the PIDs, i did not seem to find it.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 11:55:52 am »

This was supposed to have been in the last release, but didn't make it in. We'll put out another release very soon with this in.
infidel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 12:32:52 am »

Just came around to testing the Mazda fuel Level PID, and unfortunately it does not work  Sad I tried re-validating the PIDs, no luck. Any thoughts?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 10:39:18 am »

Can you please post a debug level tech log of your PID validation? Either post it here on this thread or email it to support@palmerperformance.com. If you email it, be sure to describe the problem in the email.
intruder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 06:01:57 am »

Does any one have a BATT_SOC pid? It looks like Mazda specific pids have only BATT_TEMP. And I'm looking for BAT_SOC and BATT_CUR parameters.
infidel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 08:16:24 am »

Can you please post a debug level tech log of your PID validation? Either post it here on this thread or email it to support@palmerperformance.com. If you email it, be sure to describe the problem in the email.

I e-mailed a debug log yesterday. could you verify that you received it?

Also attached it here

* techlog.tr (254.1 KB - downloaded 197 times.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:30:23 am by infidel » Logged
jmarcelo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 04:49:51 am »

Hi, did you get any final resolution to this? Are you able to get fuel level and distance to empty with the mazda specific PID add on?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: