Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 17, 2018, 03:55:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diagnostics support for Infiniti G20T  (Read 8592 times)
codewarrior_777

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:29:40 pm »

I've just purchased the DashCommand app, however I'm not sure that I'm using it correctly.

I've gone through the user manual and it isn't clear on how to input your car information correctly. The app is not automatically reading the VIN and when I press the "Validate PIDS" button, it seems that it just times out. Also, I'm not getting any feedback from the app to let me know if there was an error or success.

Basically what I'm asking is am I supposed to input values for my car or is the app supposed to read it automatically from the OBD II hardware.

The main reason for purchasing the app was to do diagnostics, but the app is showing 3 complete and 5 incompletes on the diagnostic page . How to I make them complete? I've attached of few screenshots from my iPad.

I'm using an iPad2 and an ELM327 OBDII reader I got from Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Elm327-Wirless-Diagnostic-Reader-Scanner/dp/B00AOIM2CC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392164881&sr=8-1&keywords=elm+327+obd-ii+wifi

Am I doing something wrong for there to be 5 in completes on the diagnostic page? Or is this normal?

* IMG_0075.PNG (61.62 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 282 times.)

* IMG_0077.PNG (46.15 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 288 times.)

* IMG_0078.PNG (37.17 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 295 times.)

* IMG_0079.PNG (68.61 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 262 times.)
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:28:37 pm »

The vehicle settings are not automatically read in, but you won't need them for the diagnostics. They are mainly used to fine tune values on the Tuxedo dashboard.

The VIN is only read in automatically if your vehicle supports that function. Most cars before 2005 don't support reading the VIN, and that is normal.

The readiness monitors will all be complete when your car is ready to be tested for emissions. If you have reset your monitors it will take a couple of weeks of driving your car around until they are complete. This website might help you understand what you are seeing here: http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs/AirCheckVirginia/ForMotoristsVehicleOwners/UnderstandingOBDMonitors.aspx

Note that if you clear the codes with DashCommand then your monitors will read incomplete until you've driven the car long enough following.
codewarrior_777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »

So everything looks OK to you from the screenshots I provided?

I haven't reset the codes, but I appreciate the warning.

John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:16 pm »

Yes. That is all fairly normal for the app. I don't usually see so many incompletes on the monitors, but as I said earlier those should become complete with driving.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: