Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 10, 2017, 10:49:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAN XL ELM vs. ELM SCAN 5XL  (Read 8247 times)
97 Jimmy s/c

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:18:05 pm »

Just looking at both of these, my questions would be:
1- in the comparison between PCMSCAN and SCANXLELM, it says AT(VIA LDV) not an option for SCANXLELM? Does this mean the AutoTap interface is not useable then?

2- the ELMSCAN5XL looks like an upgrade to the above products with its own USB interface available?

Thanks in advance, Les>>>
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:42:56 am »

ScanXL is somewhat of an upgrade to PCMSCAN, and has the ability to get enhanced diagnostic add-ons, but it does not support the Autotap interface.
97 Jimmy s/c

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:43:17 pm »

ScanXL is somewhat of an upgrade to PCMSCAN, and has the ability to get enhanced diagnostic add-ons, but it does not support the Autotap interface.
OK, so would I purchase the SCANXL with its own interface? If so, which version would be recommended? Thanks, Les.
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:42:58 am »

We currently sell two versions of ScanXL - one is for J2534 interfaces and the other is for ELM interfaces. You can buy a bundled (with an ELM interface) package from our online store.
97 Jimmy s/c

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 08:19:20 pm »

We currently sell two versions of ScanXL - one is for J2534 interfaces and the other is for ELM interfaces. You can buy a bundled (with an ELM interface) package from our online store.
So the ELM interface is what I need to connect to my 97 Jimmy? Also, until you have the Enhanced Pids for the GM, what would the difference be between the SCAN XL and PCMSCAN? Do you have a projection on what the Enhanced Pids will be? Thanks, Les>>>
97 Jimmy s/c

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 08:34:58 pm »

So the ELM interface is what I need to connect to my 97 Jimmy? Also, until you have the Enhanced Pids for the GM, what would the difference be between the SCAN XL and PCMSCAN? Do you have a projection on what the Enhanced Pids will be? Thanks, Les>>>
Sorry about this Brian, maybe I can make this easier for both of us! AS I said before, I have AutoTap with Enhanced GM Pids, I am programming with JetDST. What I really need is better datalogging capabilities! I have checked your comparison chart and don't know if I should use the PCMSCAN with my AT interface or the SCANXL with its interface? Which be better? Thanks again, Les>>>     
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 10:25:42 am »

Since we currently don't support GM enhanced diagnostics for ScanXL (yet), there would be no benefit for you to get ScanXL right now. And we will most likely be offering an upgrade path from PCMSCAN to ScanXL with the purchase of the GM enhanced diagnostics when it becomes available.
97 Jimmy s/c

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:05:52 pm »

Since we currently don't support GM enhanced diagnostics for ScanXL (yet), there would be no benefit for you to get ScanXL right now. And we will most likely be offering an upgrade path from PCMSCAN to ScanXL with the purchase of the GM enhanced diagnostics when it becomes available.
Thanks Brian, I then will likely purchase PCMSCAN based on your feedback and support, Les>>>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: