Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:13:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having trouble registering my ScanXL license  (Read 9857 times)
Barrel

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:37:34 pm »

Hi Brian,

I received my license key via email today.( I purchased the Ford enhanced add on.)

(I am an existing pcmscan license holder, so i was told that if I purchased the Ford enhanced add on then I would get the ScanXL license to go with it.)

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. 

I have ELMSCAN5 hardware that I was running with pcmscan, which of the ScanXL-ELM versions should I be trying to register?

I only received 1 license key via email, do I need a seperate key for the ScanXL and the Ford enhanced add on?

Should I remove PCMSCAN first?

Basically i have tried downloading the ScanXL software and then tried entering the license key I was emailed and my customer id is also correct but it won't register and just brings up an invalid license information message.

Any ideas?
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 03:10:13 pm »

Since you purchased the license from us (and not from ScanTool.net) you need to download ScanXL-ELM (not ScanXL-ElmScan). As long as you enter the customer id and license key fields in exactly as they were emailed to you, it should work. So please double check that you have the correct version of ScanXL and you enter in the entire license as you received it.
Barrel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 06:13:27 pm »

Brian,

I have just tried it again, I actually copied and pasted the license key from the email I recieved and it still does not work.

I thought it might be because I originally downloaded the the elmscan version before I deleted it and downloaded the correct version to try.

So I have tried it on my other laptop and downloaded only the correct version to it and once again copy and pasted the key and still no good mate, I get the same message : THe license information you entered is not valid!

The customer id is correct and I am pretty sure my name is also right  Grin

Any ideas mate?

Thanks.
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:59:58 pm »

I don't suppose you are forgetting to include the text in the brackets as part of the customer id? That bracketed text must be there also.
Barrel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:17:46 pm »

Thanks Brian, i didn't realise the bracketed text had to be included! Grin

It all works now.  One more thing, as there are no Australian Fords listed, will the software detect that my pcm is Ford and allow access to the enhanced pids or should I try selecting one of the American models and see if I can connect.
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:32:27 am »

Just choose the closest American Ford vehicle to the one you own, and it should work. Please let me know how it turns out.
Barrel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 06:49:17 pm »

I have just had a chance to have quick play around Brian.  My car is an Australian Ford Falcon xr6 Turbo. 

The power train is an Australian made inline 6 cylinder, turbocharged engine through a 4 speed automatic.  It runs the Ford Black Oak ECU

I selected a Ford Taurus (not really sure which car is a closest match so I will try a few different ones later.)

There are quite a few of the enhanced pids that are validated.  I can read pids from the ecu and auto.  The ABS module does not seem to read though.  I will keep trying and let you know how it goes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: