Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 01:09:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot connect to my car  (Read 5354 times)
achie370z

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:37:33 pm »

Hello: I'm just new to this computer stuff for my cars. I have always worked on older ( 40's-60's ) trucks that never even heard of a computer. I purchased the scan xl professional disc and Bluetooth OBD11 ( OBDLink MX) adaptor. The computer is a windows 7 home edition and my laptop is windows 8.1. Both have lots of ram and memory available. When I try to connect to the car ( 2014 Nissan 370z) it comes up saying the software could not establish a connection. I get error code 109 obd interface not found. I have the laptop sitting right beside the adaptor and have pressed the button to link. The lights on the adaptor are on for power and the blue link as well. I have build 2270 installed and tried a refresh to it but the same results occur. What am I doing wrong Huh  Thanks Terry
tasnyder83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:20:16 am »

Are you sure your laptop supports Bluetooth? I only ask because I have looked for laptops that have Bluetooth and they are hard to find.
Andy@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 12:59:13 pm »

When you say you purchased the ScanXL PRO disc, where did you get this disc? We do not offer ScanXL via a disc. Have you paired your OBDLinkMX to the computer via your Bluetooth settings?
achie370z

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:26:39 pm »

The disc I got when I purchased the MX adaptor from you. The pro scan xl I downloaded rom your site and activated it with the license you sent me. I have tried the Bluetooth settings but will try to pair it again with the windows help menu. Terry
achie370z

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 06:28:41 pm »

Got the computer to link up now to the car. Just have to figure out how to use the program now
Andy@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »

Awesome!! Grin
Winegar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 05:00:41 pm »

I am also having this problem. I have a Windows 8 laptop. just purchased Scan XL for my father. I am trying to learn it to teach him but it will not connect to my car. Everything is on, car is started, bluetooth available. I am confused. Anyway I took a picture of the error.

* error.jpg (127.23 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 602 times.)
Dank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 11:25:13 am »

I got the same error as the picture above. I was able to connect bluetooth to OBDwiz software, and it works fine. Win7 professional doesn't want to see ScanXL. I have an OBDLink LX module.

Please advise,
chaser2440

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 07:47:03 am »

I am having this same problem, my BT elm 327 connects to my computer and I can find the com port it is using. It will not connect to scanxl, it will work with other programs just canít get it to connect with scan xl. 
vencelylalas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 11:57:46 pm »

tasnyder83 is correct,, if didn't work ur laptop is not supported the bluetooth
vencelylalas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 04:21:32 am »

Why?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: