Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
March 30, 2017, 07:34:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Toyota Tundra Trans.Temp  (Read 2386 times)
osprygunr

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:04:39 pm »

For the 14 line of Tundras, Toyota decided to drop the transmission gauge from the cluster.

The whole reason that I purchased this app was to be able to monitor transmission temp, eng oil temp ect. when towing.
Are there any updates in the future that will allow me to monitor these parameters?

If not, why is transmission temp so easily available for the ScanGuage but not dash command?

v/r

Justin
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:37:59 pm »

Trans temp is a manufacturer-specific parameter. Manufacturer-specific data is only available through our add-on packages.

We have the add-on package for Toyota. However, the current version does not show trans temp. That parameter will be available in our next update, due out next week.
Kavanagh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 05:34:27 pm »

Did the engine oil temp pid get published?
I have the Toyota 2014 extended parameters, but DashCommand doesn't pickup the oil temp. It does get them in my Scion FRS.

Thread necro, but this was the most current post that google gave me. Thanks!
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:01:58 pm »

I don't have that vehicle to test with, but I believe the PID has been added. Have you tried to re-validate your PIDs? If you send us a tech log of your validation, we can take a look at why the PID isn't reading.
Kavanagh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 01:59:44 pm »

Thanks John, I just emailed the techlog. I did try validating PIDs, but I'm not sure Toyota is sending this information on the OBDii bus. I'd love it if you could take a look into it. There are several of us now trying to get oil and transmission temps for the Tundra.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: