Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
May 26, 2017, 06:05:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple CarPlay support  (Read 19129 times)
vwturbo

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2014, 02:05:41 pm »

With the annoucement of Apple CarPlay and many car companies including after market Pioneer and Alpine adding support will Dash Command become a CarPlay supported app? This would be a nice feature for DashCommand. Is CarPlay planned in the DashCommand app road map for future releases?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:35:39 am »

Looks like this would be a good thing for us to look into. Thank you for posting it.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 01:54:52 pm »

DC support within carplay is practically essential to the development of DC.  Pioneer app radio mode and its app radio app are slow, full of bugs and mainly not safe for the road, if you ask me.
I am using app radio 3 and since i moved to iphone5, i've had issues with Pioneer's app.
I recently bought the BT-8600 (which is the European version of the NEX-4000 in the US) and i really hope that car play will improve user experience.
MiamiC70

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 08:26:30 pm »

Very interested
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 10:52:15 am »

Pioneer released the car play update for its NEX.
Whats going on with Dash command?
Getting it to work with car play will eliminate the pioneer appradio app bugs.

Any news?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:55:03 am »

We are interested in Car Play, but have other priorities at the moment.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 12:02:22 pm »

Then you better take a look at this:
http://www.appradioworld.com/2014/10/pioneer-appradio-mode-lives-on-but.html

App radio mode is buggy. Car play is more streamlined with iOS. You guys just cant skip the opportunity to be one of the first few apps which support Carplay.

New cars are bound to be out with car play support as well. Getting dash command to work on all the new, fancy, cars almost natively not a priority for you? Seriously - do you have a Product Manager? Smiley
How hard can it be so get your app into the list of carplay supported apps? No 3rd party interface to worry about.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:23:27 pm by fizban » Logged
neilfrazerlx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 08:44:09 pm »

There are issues with appradio mode and IOS8 as well. Does Dash Command work properly with IOS8 in appradio mode??
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:42:40 pm »

What issues are you seeing with App Radio on iOS 8?
neilfrazerlx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:39:41 am »

in-app keyboard stability issues as stated here.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio

I haven't upgraded yet because of this.

Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 12:41:19 pm »

We were not aware of any issues using DashCommand with iOS 8, our devices here have connected fine. Usually our vehicle manager is already set up by the time we've plugged a test device into an AppRadio, so we don't often use the keyboard on the radio itself (which sounds like its the area with a problem). If you don't plan on editing the vehicle manager while connected to the AppRadio, iOS 8 is not a problem for DashCommand.

We will take a look into this to make sure we're as compatible as possible.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 10:18:31 am »

Dashcommand works well with iOS 8, and app radio. I am running it on iphone 5s
most of the bugs i see are relevant to the app radio app.
Thats why it is so important for Dashcommand to support car play. It eliminates 3rd party interface to app radio. It will enable only 1 cable connection.

And progress on that one, John?
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 10:27:31 am »

Not yet. We have some high-priority work that we're rushing to finish by the end of the year. It's good you're poking me on this though, to make sure it doesn't fall off our radar.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 12:29:19 pm »

No problem,
I can poke you every month. Smiley
On Friday i am installing my Pioneer NEX-4000 , which supported apple carplay after firmware update. Smiley
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 02:01:23 pm »

Apple has a submission form on their website. If we think our app would work well with CarPlay then we request access. So I sent them a submission a couple of week ago. I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they will respond to us. I think DashCommand would be good with CarPlay.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 05:07:01 pm »

Probably they are flooded with submissions...
I installed my new NEX-4000 (actually its the 8600BT euro model) and updated the firmware to support carplay.
The NEX works much better than appradio 3 in regards to the appradio app. Now i can navigate other menus while the NEX holds on to dash command and letting it run in the background.
The current NEX line still requires Lightning and HDMI interface when using App mode, or only the lightning cable when using carplay.
So if you want to alternate between carplay and appmode, you need to switch cables as well. not so convenient.
Once carplay has more support (like dash command, waze and streams), i can ditch appradio app and use only one cable.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 08:34:32 am »

There can't be that many submissions... I don't think you want Angry Birds on the Car Play.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 03:45:11 pm »

I hope you are right, and the 3 apps above will be supported soon.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:16 pm »

I've sent enhancement request through Apple's feedback back for supporting Dashcommand, Streams and Waze.
cfauvel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 11:31:46 am »

John look into MirrorLink too...kind of the same thing, but less proprietary than Apple....they too would have a submission process to make sure the app adheres to safe driving practices. Of course that would be your dashcommand option for android based or windows based phones....the Carplay would be for the iphones.

John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 02:38:41 pm »

Good idea. I've just sent them an application.
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 09:20:26 pm »

Hello all!

I just joined the forum only to reply here. So glad I found this, I was hoping DashCommand would come to CarPlay soon!! I have the Pioneer AppRadio 4 and let me tell you AppRadio mode is a HASSLE between the bugs (I'm on iOS Cool and the inconvince of switching modes and all the cords and adapter. Especially when I only use AppRadio mode for DC! CarPlay works so flawlessly and nice with 1 lightning cable.

Please get on CarPlay soon so I can return that ridiculous $50 av adapter!

Thanks!
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »

^
Right on man.
I am sick and tried of the APP radio APP bugs and and all AV adapters.
note that app radio 5 will have a new app called app radio one and will incorporate a single cable for Iphones.

Still i'd like DC to be supported in Apple carplay! Much better.
BlueFlyingV

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 07:46:25 pm »

Got myself a Pioneer AVH4000NEX a few weeks ago and have been very disappointed with app radio mode. Every app I have tried including DashCommand  has been buggy at best. CarPlay on the other hand has worked very well. Too bad you cant do both at the same time, so my DashCommand is not getting much use.

I would love to see CarPlay support for DC!
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 11:44:59 am »

YES!!!!!!

John, I believe you're the Administrator, any new news as to when this might be happening? I already returned the $50 AV Adapter because I was tires of the hassle and all the cords, so i'm just using CarPlay now, which means no DashCommand Sad

I see that you said you have submitted to Apple 'a couple of weeks before' January 5th, have they replied yet?

Thanks.

An anxious DashCommand user,
- Jonathan
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »

Unfortunately, we have not heard back. The website makes it sound like they will be opening up to more apps soon, so we might get something.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:49 am »

Any update on this one? Could save me the lightning adapter and a HDMI cable.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 01:00:52 pm »

No. Sorry we have not heard anything back.
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »

Still nothing on this? What a shame....
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 06:09:39 pm »

Hello all, I have just submitted a suggestion to Apple through their online support feedback. MAYBE it will do something to speed up this process.. I hope.

Here it is:

SUBJECT: A Necessary CarPlay Addition

I absolutely LOVE CarPlay!!! It works so well with my iPhone. What I don't love, is that you haven't opened up to more apps for this. Obviously i'm not talking about Angry Birds or Clash of Clans... I'm talking about an app which will work extremely well in cars supporting CarPlay, especially the newer, more expensive vehicles. The app i'm talking about is DashCommand! DashCommand is currently supported in Pioneer's AppRadio mode however it is very buggy and I don't use it because of the fact that I can't switch between AppRadio mode & CarPlay without the hassle of changing 2 cords & settings mode on the radio. CarPlay on the other hand works perfectly. I know that the new Ferrari FF comes equip with CarPlay, and if anyone owning a Ferrari is half as into cars as I am, they will LOVE DashCommand on CarPlay!

I know that DashCommand officials from Palmer Performance Engineering have already submitted a request "a couple of weeks" before January 5, 2015, and so far has not heard back. There is a thread on their website, which I check everyday, in hopes that DashCommand will be supported. Please look into DashCommand for CarPlay as soon as possible. Here is the link in case you want to see how many other agree with me: http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=8961.0;all

Thank You,
- Jonathan
TemeCal

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 04:30:52 pm »

Anything new on this?  I'm desperately trying to get something to work with my Avic NEX (doesn't work in App mode either now).  I prefer doing it through CarPlay, but it's not looking too promising.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 08:23:26 am »

We haven't heard anything from Apple.
TemeCal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 11:02:41 am »

We haven't heard anything from Apple.

That's a shame.  Just like others have stated, I think CarPlay is the perfect fit for DC.  Hopefully Apple gets back to you guys!
BlueFlyingV

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »

Yep,  still hoping for CarPlay support too.  I'm guessing Apple is waiting for Palmer to send them a big pile of cash.  Roll Eyes
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 02:57:03 pm »

Apple carplay added support for TuneIn, so i guess it is possible to talk to them for adding support...
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 03:10:30 pm »

If you ask me, Apple will allow only audio like stuff to be supported in carplay.
Even Waze is still not supported.
I guess i will buy the new line of Pioneer which allow only lighting cable with appradio-one app.
sgt.boink

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 12:38:56 pm »

Hi, I'd like to add my support in requesting DC's availability under CarPlay. Having just bought a Pioneer AVIC-6100NEX head unit (and loving it), I really think this is THE app that would be worthwhile to a lot of drivers. I've had no issue with DC so far but find looking at a small iPhone screen terribly distractive and potentially dangerous. FWIW, I'm using this via WiFi in my '06 Jetta TDI. Also, Pioneer's AppRadio is a load of BS (sorry).

Thanks!
06HemiGuy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 03:54:43 pm »

I created an account just to post to this topic!  I cant say more fantastic things about PPE.  You guys really have something special here.  I have also been promoting your product DashCommand on many of my other car forum sites.  I am also considering buying your ScanXL Pro software system.  I would be pulling the trigger today on the ScanXL Pro software opening up more options knowing that DashCommand app was Carplay compatible.  I cant agree more with the other forum members here on how important this is.  By showing my support for DashCommand's Carplay compatibility goes hand in hand with the support I show for PPE.  I cant even grasp the amount of members on my car forum sites that would purchase the software along with the app knowing it would work with Carplay.  I truly hope that PPE receives approval from Apple.  With Apples iPhone consuming 42.6 percent of the smartphone market, this is a must.  What a money maker!  Lets face it, iPhone wins and so will PPE if DashCommand becomes compatible!

**Samsung ranked second with 28.3 percent market share, followed by LG with 8.4 percent (up 0.4 percentage points), Motorola with 5 percent and HTC with 3.8 percent (up 0.1 percentage points).

https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Market-Rankings/comScore-Reports-March-2015-US-Smartphone-Subscriber-Market-Share

Apple announced CarPlay with several big-name partners already on board, like BMW, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, and more. Many of these manufacturers initially targeted 2014 launch dates for CarPlay-enabled vehicles, but delays have pushed potential launches into 2015 and 2016. For a long time, Ferrari was the only manufacturer with a CarPlay vehicle available, but support is became more widespread in the summer of 2015.

Many of Apple's partners have remained silent on release dates, but manufacturers like Volkswagen, Honda, and Chevy have already released 2016 vehicles with CarPlay support, with others like Buick, GMC, and Cadillac promising CarPlay-equipped vehicles in 2016.

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/carplay/

Apple has a submission form on their website. If we think our app would work well with CarPlay then we request access. So I sent them a submission a couple of week ago. I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they will respond to us. I think DashCommand would be good with CarPlay.
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 07:05:01 pm »

John, any update on this??? It's almost been a full year and still no support for DC on CarPlay Cry
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 09:31:11 pm »

We were never accepted into the CarPlay program. Due to a lack of communication from Apple this has dropped from our radar.
AML1618

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »

I had constant connectivity issues with iPhone 6+ running iOS (always latest version,  now 9.1) until i changes to genuine Apple Ligntning cable...  not a single problem since then.
larzmac

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 10:31:05 am »

I was exposed to DashCommand years ago on an AppRadio unit. Connection to that platform, while complex, still feels forward-thinking and is very useful. In switching to CarPlay, DashCommand was my strongest pull to not switch platforms. I've made the swtich and am glad I did. I'd sure like to see DC on CarPlay, though. I'm frustrated that Apple is having troubles communicating and working with a company as savvy and forward thinking as Palmer is.
toritti

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 09:49:05 am »

Any chance of having another go at poking Apple about Carplay? Sure seems like a perfect match for this app. Would def convince me to get the app and an ODB2 device. Cheers.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2016, 10:57:37 am »

Hi. We do not have any plans to try to support Apple Car Play.
natey.j80

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »

Hello!

What is happening with CarPlay support in DashCommand? I just bought a new car with CarPlay enabled and I was very surprised to see that Dash command isn't CarPlay compatible. Very impressed by how CarPlay works. Come on guys!!! It's badly needed!!
at Kadesh

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2016, 02:32:00 am »

First, I must apologize for the use of language like so much time with us to exchange. Now there is no problem, good luck.gclub
at Kadesh

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 04:20:23 am »

Thanks for trying to discover what was presented to us to learn new things all the time, it was very useful. Hopefully we will be successful together. CarPlay in DashCommand? To connect to the platform, while still feeling a forward-thinking and extremely helpful. To change the CarPlay.gclub
at Kadesh

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2016, 01:59:28 am »

Hi, I'm Danny, I was Asian. Live in Thailand I'm very, very pleased. Who have joined this forum DashCommand working well, we should understand this. That is what
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: