Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 23, 2017, 08:49:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple CarPlay support  (Read 17120 times)
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 05:07:01 pm »

Probably they are flooded with submissions...
I installed my new NEX-4000 (actually its the 8600BT euro model) and updated the firmware to support carplay.
The NEX works much better than appradio 3 in regards to the appradio app. Now i can navigate other menus while the NEX holds on to dash command and letting it run in the background.
The current NEX line still requires Lightning and HDMI interface when using App mode, or only the lightning cable when using carplay.
So if you want to alternate between carplay and appmode, you need to switch cables as well. not so convenient.
Once carplay has more support (like dash command, waze and streams), i can ditch appradio app and use only one cable.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 08:34:32 am »

There can't be that many submissions... I don't think you want Angry Birds on the Car Play.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 03:45:11 pm »

I hope you are right, and the 3 apps above will be supported soon.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:16 pm »

I've sent enhancement request through Apple's feedback back for supporting Dashcommand, Streams and Waze.
cfauvel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 11:31:46 am »

John look into MirrorLink too...kind of the same thing, but less proprietary than Apple....they too would have a submission process to make sure the app adheres to safe driving practices. Of course that would be your dashcommand option for android based or windows based phones....the Carplay would be for the iphones.

John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 02:38:41 pm »

Good idea. I've just sent them an application.
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 09:20:26 pm »

Hello all!

I just joined the forum only to reply here. So glad I found this, I was hoping DashCommand would come to CarPlay soon!! I have the Pioneer AppRadio 4 and let me tell you AppRadio mode is a HASSLE between the bugs (I'm on iOS Cool and the inconvince of switching modes and all the cords and adapter. Especially when I only use AppRadio mode for DC! CarPlay works so flawlessly and nice with 1 lightning cable.

Please get on CarPlay soon so I can return that ridiculous $50 av adapter!

Thanks!
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »

^
Right on man.
I am sick and tried of the APP radio APP bugs and and all AV adapters.
note that app radio 5 will have a new app called app radio one and will incorporate a single cable for Iphones.

Still i'd like DC to be supported in Apple carplay! Much better.
BlueFlyingV

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 07:46:25 pm »

Got myself a Pioneer AVH4000NEX a few weeks ago and have been very disappointed with app radio mode. Every app I have tried including DashCommand  has been buggy at best. CarPlay on the other hand has worked very well. Too bad you cant do both at the same time, so my DashCommand is not getting much use.

I would love to see CarPlay support for DC!
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 11:44:59 am »

YES!!!!!!

John, I believe you're the Administrator, any new news as to when this might be happening? I already returned the $50 AV Adapter because I was tires of the hassle and all the cords, so i'm just using CarPlay now, which means no DashCommand Sad

I see that you said you have submitted to Apple 'a couple of weeks before' January 5th, have they replied yet?

Thanks.

An anxious DashCommand user,
- Jonathan
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »

Unfortunately, we have not heard back. The website makes it sound like they will be opening up to more apps soon, so we might get something.
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:49 am »

Any update on this one? Could save me the lightning adapter and a HDMI cable.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 01:00:52 pm »

No. Sorry we have not heard anything back.
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »

Still nothing on this? What a shame....
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 06:09:39 pm »

Hello all, I have just submitted a suggestion to Apple through their online support feedback. MAYBE it will do something to speed up this process.. I hope.

Here it is:

SUBJECT: A Necessary CarPlay Addition

I absolutely LOVE CarPlay!!! It works so well with my iPhone. What I don't love, is that you haven't opened up to more apps for this. Obviously i'm not talking about Angry Birds or Clash of Clans... I'm talking about an app which will work extremely well in cars supporting CarPlay, especially the newer, more expensive vehicles. The app i'm talking about is DashCommand! DashCommand is currently supported in Pioneer's AppRadio mode however it is very buggy and I don't use it because of the fact that I can't switch between AppRadio mode & CarPlay without the hassle of changing 2 cords & settings mode on the radio. CarPlay on the other hand works perfectly. I know that the new Ferrari FF comes equip with CarPlay, and if anyone owning a Ferrari is half as into cars as I am, they will LOVE DashCommand on CarPlay!

I know that DashCommand officials from Palmer Performance Engineering have already submitted a request "a couple of weeks" before January 5, 2015, and so far has not heard back. There is a thread on their website, which I check everyday, in hopes that DashCommand will be supported. Please look into DashCommand for CarPlay as soon as possible. Here is the link in case you want to see how many other agree with me: http://www.palmerperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=8961.0;all

Thank You,
- Jonathan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: